Chapter 68

Previously on Chapter 67

I stare at it as I gently rub my finger together. It feels warm... and... dusty. My eyes widened in realization as I finally figure out what's happening or what's about to happen. I turn my head into the distance as more black ash starts falling from the sky.

Oh no...

-Siege of the North-

Y/N P.O.V

"The stillness before the battle is unbearable. Such a quiet dread..." Arnook said. I sit by the stair case. I close my eyes, trying to calm my nerve. The last time I remember the attack of an army of Fire Nation, was from the attack of the Temple.

"I wasn't there when the Fire Nation attacked my people. I'm going to make a difference this time..." Aang said, as he's perched on a snow mound, while holding his glider. I nod my head and stand up as well.

"I was... I remember the day it happened like it was just yesterday. How scared... and weak I was. How much I hate myself for not being able to protect my people. But I won't let fear stop me this time. I will fight until my last breath" I said, in determination.

***

We are now gathering on the wall in a straight line. I close my eyes as I try to feel my surrounding. The others stays silent as they know what I'm doing.

"Something's coming" I said, opening my eyes. I look up and point to the sky. Aang turns his head to look at where I'm pointing. It's a fire ball. It collided with the wall beneath us, sending all of us flying back.

"Come on, Y/N!" Aang said. I jump on Appa's saddle with him. "Yip Yip!!" He yelled. We start flying into the sky. I use my air-bending to send away the fire balls.

"We'll take it from here, boy..." Aang said. I nod my head and the two of us jumps onto the ship. I turn to Aang. "You take care of the ship. I'll handle the men" I said. He nods his head. We went separate ways.

I use my air-bending and water-bending to fight off the soldiers. I use air-bending to create an air sphere around me as they throw chain net on me. But the net manage to wrap itself around me after the air stops.

The man was about to attack me when a burst of air comes out of no where. I turn to look at Aang. He quickly helps me out of the net. The ship begins to move as ice starts to grow beneath it. Aang and I get on Appa. We start to fly.

"This isn't over..." I said. "What?" Aang said. I point to the distance. He turns to where I'm pointing. He gasps in shock. There's more ships in front of us and there's at least hundreds of them. "You've got to be kidding me..." he said.

Time-skip

We land back at the Tribe. I sit on Appa's head. Aang slides off and sits on the ground. "We can't do it... we can't do it..." he said. "What happened?" Katara said as she runs over to us.

"We must have taken out of a Fire Navy ships, but there's just too many of them..." Aang said. "We can't fight them all" I said, tears streaming down both of my cheeks. My whole body is shaking as fear starts creeping up. I know I said that I'm going to be strong... but I'm just a kid.

"But you have to. You're both the Avatars" Princess Yue said. "We're just two kids" I said, turning to look at Aang. He looks back at me with a sad expression. I slide down of Appa's head and sit down next to him. I wrap my arms around him in a tight hug, and he returns the hug.

Night Time

It's now night time. I stand next to Aang with Katara and Princess Yue at the balcony. "The legend say the moon was the first water-bender. Our ancestor saw how it pushed and pulled the tides and learned how to do it themselves" Princess Yue said.

"I've always noticed my water-bending is stronger at night..." Katara said. "Our strength comes from the spirit of the moon. Our life comes from the spirit of the ocean. They work together to keep the balance" Princess Yue said.

"If only we can talk to them. We can ask for help..." I said. "Y/N, that's a brilliant idea!!" Aang yelled out, startling me in the process. "The spirits. Maybe we can find them and ask them for help!" He said. I let out a laugh and nod my head in agreement.

"How can you do that?" Princess Yue said. "The Avatar is the bridge between our world and the Spirit World. They can talk to them!" Katara said. "Maybe they'll give both of you the wisdom to win this battle" Princess Yue said, turning to the two of us.

"Or maybe they'll unleash a crazy amazing spirit attack on the Fire Nation!" Aang said, earning an odd look from the three of us. He looks at us and stand straight. "Or wisdom. That's good, too" he said. I roll my eyes and let out a giggle.

"The only problem is, last time you two enter the Spirit World is by accident. How are you going to get there this time?" Katara said. "I have an idea. Follow me" Princess Yue said. She begins to walk away and the three of us follows her.

She stops walking when she stands in front of a round wooden door. "So, this is the way to the Spirit World?" Aang said. Princess Yue let's out a laugh at his comment. "No, you'll have to get there on your own. But I can take you to the most spiritual place in the entire North Pole" Princess Yue said. She opens the door to reveal a warm spot. There's a small oasis lying ahead.

"I never thought I'd miss grass this much!" Aang said, running around the oasis and rolling around. I let out a laugh at his action. "It's so warm here. How is that possible?" Katara said. "It's the center of the spiritual energy in our land" Princess Yue said.

I turn to look at Aang. "I think one of us needs to stay here. In case something happen?" I said. He nods his head in agreement. "I'll stay. You go to the spirit world" he said. I shake my head "no. You go, Aang. I'll stay... you've been in the spirit world a lot of time. So I think it's best if you're the one there..." I said. He thinks about it and nods his head.

He sits down and nod his head. "You're right, Yue. I can feel... something. It's so tranquil" he said. He closes his eyes and start to meditate.

"Why is he sitting like that?" Princess Yue said, as she looks at Aang in curiosity. "He's meditating, trying to cross over into the Spirit World. It takes all the concentration" Katara said. "Shh... quiet. He'll lose focus" I said. "Y/N's right! How about some quiet! Come on guys, I can hear every words you're saying" he said. I turn to look at the two girls with a stern look, making them cover their mouth. I turn to look at Aang. His tattoo starts to glow.

"Is he okay?" Princess Yue said, carefully. I turn to look at her and nod my head. "Yeah.. he's crossing into the Spirit World. He'll be fine as long as we don't move his body. That's his way back to the physical world" I said. "Maybe we should get some help?" Princess Yue said. "No... he's my friend. I'm perfectly capable of protecting him. Besides, Y/N's here... she won't let anything happen to her brother. Isn't that right, Y/N?" Katara said. I nod my head in agreement.  "Well, aren't you a big girl now?" I hear someone said. We turn our head to see Zuko.

"No..." Katara said, in alarmed tone. I quickly stand on battle stance. "What are you doing here?" I said, glaring at him. "Hand them over and I won't have to hurt you" he said. His eyes lingering on me for a few seconds before focusing on Katara once again. Oh great... things just keep on getting worse.

*to be continued*