43: Longing

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Can you be my friend?"

"- friend?"

"-FRIEND?!"

"Hyung?" Taehyung's voice was kinda full of concern because the male in front of him seemed totally frozen.

"Y- yeah?" The way he stuttered out, Taehyung's hope shattered that the other didn't like the idea.

Maybe, I'm being delusional that it would be normal even after whatever happened between us.

"Um- nothing. Go, sleep. I'm sleepy." He tried to smile but it came out as a literal fake one and Jungkook wasn't blind to not noticing that.

He watched as the brunet walked back to the couch and silently laid over it, a blanket covering his figure completely once he was settled.

"Rest, Mr. Jeon." Jungkook frowned at the formal word.

"Mr. Jeon? But you just-"

"I was being an immature one. I'm sorry for that sudden question. I forgot what I've done, not long ago and now... how can I ask you to be my friend, to forget the humiliation you went through because of me, in front of many people."

Jungkook felt a pang as the usual deep voice was lightly shaking at the end. Taking some hasty steps, he quickly crouched in front of the couch where Taehyung was lying on his side, facing the wall, oblivious to the figure sitting behind him.

"I don't even blame you, I can't blame you for your behavior. I deserve this much." A sad chuckle left his lips but in the next moment, he was forced to turn back to face the other.

"That's not what you're thinking. I really forgive you and forget what happened. Stop hurting yourself." Jungkook softly said, one hand placed over the other's right shoulder and the other one on the couch.

Taehyung was surprised, not because of the words but because of the action. Their faces were again kinda... close.

Even in the dim lights of the room, he could see the dark orbs of the raven-haired, those orbs.. the ones filled with something, something deep that he wasn't able to understand, yet.

"Let's be friends." The next words caused a wave of tingles in his body as he jolted up on the couch, sitting straight with wide eyes.

Jungkook smiled at the cute action of the other.

"Really?"

"Yes. Now, don't ever call me Mr. Jeon. It makes me feel very old." Taehyung lightly giggled, realizing that the other used his words.

"We are friends now? You really forget that?" His curious eyes met with the Jungkook's now soft ones.