Chapter One

Emma

"C'mon Kid, we better get you home, your mom will kill me if you're not home in time, it's a school day tomorrow." I said with a sigh. It was still strange to me that a whole load of kids from the Enchanted Forest went to primary school like everything was normal. And they got taught by none other than Snow White. Of course, not at the moment, Mary-Margret is on maternity leave with little Neal. I got out of the red booth we were sitting in and grabbed Henry's backpack from under the table. I held it out to Henry as he climbed out of the booth and noticed it had the book in it. This book wasn't any old book: this book contains the stories of every fairytale, and all those fairytale characters, lived in this town - Storybrook.
"Why do you still carry that book around? You must know it off by heart by now," I smiled as he took his bag.
"Nah," he answered, "It keeps changing."
"Okay..." I said, drawing out the last syllable. I wasn't really sure if this was something to worry about or just one of Henry's strange ideas. I shrugged. Henry didn't seem bothered by it so I quickly walked to catch up with him just outside Granny's.

I slowly pulled up onto the curb outside Regina's house. "Well, here we are kid." I smiled over at Henry before getting out of the car. We walked up the path to Regina's front door together, talking about school as if we were a normal mother and son. Not like I was about to drop my son off at his adopted mother's house, who used to be the Evil Queen. She is now considered a hero, on the side of good in this seemingly never ending fight. But Marian coming back and causing a rift between Regina and her true love Robin was a tough blow, I wasn't sure how she would take it. It had been a day since I had brought Marian back through the time portal and she hasn't tried to kill me or destroy to town yet so I think were safe. However this I the first time we have been face to face since that night.
I took a deep breath once we got to the door, shot Henry a quick smile and knocked three times on the door.
The wait was only about three seconds but it was agonisingly long for me. I stood there processing all the possible outcomes of this situation from sudden death to Regina sobbing in my arms. Finally, the door opened to reveal Regina, smiling. I took a step back. Worried that this was just a show, that actually Regina was about to attack. But as I looked into her eyes I could see she was calm, in control, but I could also saw I was not quite forgiven.
"Henry!" Regina leaned down to give him a hug, "There is some food in the kitchen if you're hungry." She said with a smile.
"Actually we just ate." Henry said.
"There are cookies on the counter."
And with that Henry was running through the door. I smiled, "That boy's stomach is as big as his imagination."
"Thank you for bringing him home," Regina said. I just nodded, the fact that I had brought back her true love's wife had caused a massive rift between us, what used to be friendship is just ice cold stillness. After an awkward minute of silence I waved and walked back to my yellow bug.
I drove home with the heating turned all the way up. It was very unusual weather, we had just had a month of gloriously sunny springtime weather and now it was slowly getting colder again. Unfortunately, the weather was some what reflecting my relationship with Regina. There is a storm ahead. When is there not in Storybrooke?