Chapter Five

Emma

David kicked in the apartment door. Mary-Margaret jumped up from the couch, startled by the loud crash. "Oh my goodness!" She cried, "What happened?" I stepped in the door and nearly collapsed, luckily Mary-Margaret was there to catch me as David laid Henry on the couch and Mary-Margret guided me over to the armchair next to it. But as soon as David put Henry down I was off the chair and kneeling by his head, stroking his hair and calling his name. In the corner of my eye I saw Mary-Margret and David share a look.
"What do we do?" I asked in a whisper.
"We can't do anything." Mary-Margret said, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"What."
"We need..."
"Rumplestilskin." David finished.
During the next hour I barely noticed David and Mary-Margret rushing around, making phone calls and planning. At some point one of them put a cup of tea down next to me on the coffee table. But it sat there slowly getting cold. Eventually, David left the apartment and Mary-Margret left the room to take care if Neal.
An hour had past since we brought Henry back to the apartment and suddenly David, Gold and Belle burst through the door as Mary-Margret came downstairs.
"Where is he?" Gold said. I looked up just as Gold strode towards the sofa. "This was not supposed to happen, Miss Swan, next time you meet little Elsa bring her straight to me." I quickly scrambled out the way as Gold stood by Henry's head, then I tried to regain some dignity by wiping my face and standing up more elegantly. Gold waved his, currently, glowing purple hand over Henry and said, "The ice hit him in the head. He was lucky Miss Swan."
"So you can fix him!" I interrupted.
"Of course." Gold said smiling, he placed his hand over Henry's forehead, covering his eyes, and then slowly drew his hand away. As he did tiny particles of ice flew from Henry's head into Gold hand. After a minute Gold closed his hand into a fist, walked over to the counter and placed a perfect ice cube on there. "All better," he said and he almost smiled, but not quite. "Henry will wake up in a few minutes, his body just needs to recover." Gold limped over to the door and said, "Oh, but there is a side effect-"
"What!" I cried.
"Nothing to worry about Miss Swan, just a little memory loss, he won't remember that he has seen Elsa." Gold started to walk out, and I turned to look at Henry, then something struck me. "Wait...I didn't tell anyone that it was Elsa." I looked up to see Gold's reaction but he and Belle were gone. Instead, standing sheepishly in the doorway was Hook. "No, we don't want you here," David said, standing intimidatingly close to Hook.
"Look, I just want to see the boy mate. I'm not doing any harm."
"David's right," I said, "Just go Hook, you've done enough already." Hook looked at me with pain in his sea-blue eyes, but left nonetheless.
"You can't give him the cold shoulder for the rest of your life, Emma," Mary-Margret said placing a hand on my shoulder. "You have to forgive him, you can see he is in pain."
I sighed, "I know, just not today." I looked over at Henry.
"We'll call you when he wakes up, Hook needs you now."
I nodded and started walking towards the door when Henry suddenly sat up, "Mom!" He called.
"I'm hear." I was by his side in seconds, and and thoughts of Hook had gone straight to the back of my mind.