Chapter Fourteen

EMMA
I jumped up from the seat, "I've gotta go." I said and flew from the diner. I ran towards the station and went headlong into Hook. "Hook!" I cried, "What did you do, how could you?" I looked at him with disgust.
"Woah, Emma, What's wrong?" David placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.
"I found Elsa, she's at Granny's. She's dressed differently but you can recognise her. You need to go and help her find her sister." I said urgently.
"Well, what about you?"
"I need to have a word with Hook." both men raised their eyebrows at my last comment before David nodded and started walking towards the diner.
"So, Swan, what's so secret that we can't even include dear old dad?" Hook said with a smirk.
"You, you are disgusting." The smirk slid off Hook's face.
"What happened?"
"Elsa?!"
"Yes, what about her?" I practically screamed in aggravation, why was he lying to me?
"She just told me," I started, getting angrier by the second, "That you were in love with her, and then you left her to get your revenge. She was devastated and that's why she hates you." Hook stood there, mouth hanging open in shock. "But I didn't do that, I haven't loved anyone since Milah, you know that."
"So what, Elsa was just a bit of fun until something better comes along?"
"No, no that's not what I meant." Hook pleaded, "I've never met Elsa before."
"Give up the act Hook, Elsa's story sounds exactly like the sort of thing a pirate would do." I spat.
"Please Swan, there must be some mistake."
"No! Unless there is another one handed pirate called 'Hook' out there with a thirst for revenge, you did it." I turned to walk away. "But you know what?" I said spinning to face him again, "It hurts more that you don't even have the decency to admit to what you did." I walked away with tears cutting glistening trails down my cheeks and never looked back.
I entered Granny's and walked towards David and Elsa. "Are you alright?" David asked, seeing my tear streaked face.
"Yeah, fine." I said quickly wiping my face with my sleeve. "Right, so I think Anna is going to be somewhere in Storybrooke. So why don't you and Elsa search the main town and I will go and search the outskirts past the woods." David looked at me with concern plastered on his face. "I'm fine." I assured again.
"Right then," David got up, out of the booth and offered Elsa a hand. (He didn't get the name Charming for nothing) "Let's go find your sister." He smiled at Elsa and she smiled fully for the first time since I met her weeks ago.
I walked out of Granny's with David and Elsa before we part ways, David and Elsa heading north through the town and I heading south towards the forest. "Call me if you find anything." I called as they walked away. David saluted to show he had heard me before turning and talking to Elsa.
I was alone again and solving a mystery. I was better alone, I could think better and focus more. And alone I couldn't hurt anyone.
I continued walking until the trees blocked out any view if the town when swirling purple smoke appeared before me. I tensed preparing for Regina. But instead, Gold appeared. "Gold?" I asked.
"I do prefer Rumplestiltskin now, deary." He said with a wicked smile.
"Sorry." I muttered.
"Anyway I'm hear to help you." He said circling me.
"And why would you want to do that?"
"Let's just say we have some common ground when it comes to little, miss, Elsa." He said in a singsong voice.
"Right. So how can you help?"
"Why, a locator spell of course!" He waved his hands and a green ribbon formed between his fingertips. "I happened to have this in my shop and I know it belongs to Anna." He handed it to me. "But I want you to cast the spell." He said with a little laugh.
"That's what this is about, you trying to teach me magic." I said angrily.
"No," Rumplestiltskin said with mock disbelief, "This is about keeping the ice princess happy." I rolled my eyes of course there was a catch. "If I'm going to do this I want to know the price."
"There is no price."
"Of course there is, it's you, you always have a price."
He smiled, "If you manage to cast the spell, that is all the reward I need." His eyes were alight with hunger.
"How do I do it then." I asked, having run out of excuses not to.
"I'm glad you asked deary." He said and stepped closer to me. "Now, you focus on the object and the person you are trying to find." I closed my eyes and thought of Anna, well, Anna from the movie anyway.
"But that's not enough." Rumple was behind me now, "You have to know why you want to find them," He placed his hands on my shoulders and it took all my willpower not to flinch away. "Feel it." He whispered into my ear. I thought of Elsa and how her sister was the only thing in her life, and how much she needed her. I thought of how much I wanted to help Elsa find her beloved sister and willed the ribbon to take my to her.
"Look, Miss Swan."
I opened my eyes and the ribbon was glowing white, it lifted out of my hands and started floating away. I shot a glance at Rumple "Goodbye, deary." He said before he was enveloped in a cloud of smoke.