Chapter Two

Emma

"Mom, mom!!!"
I woke up, panicked, and twisted in my sheets. "Mom, look." Henry came in smiling and I relaxed a little, there was no danger, just a very excited boy. "It snowed! It snowed overnight, look, look." He pointed out the window and I rolled out of bed to see for myself. And it was true. Thick white snow covered Storybrooke - it looked like a Christmas card.
"But it's May, I can't snow in May." I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Quickly, I changed out of my pyjamas and put on a pair of jeans and a top and headed outside, but not without pulling on my thick winter coat and bobble hat.
I stepped out into the street and immediately the cold hit me like a million frozen needles stabbing my cheeks and hands. I started to walk across the street towards Granny's when I saw ice in the centre of he road. Even as I walked closer to it I could feel the temperature dropping even lower. This was not natural snow. I turned around to find David and Henry outside too with big coats on, making their top half look twice as wide as their bottom half. I smiled at the sight of them, then it faded when I saw the worried look on David's face. I could see that he suspected something unnatural just like I did.
"Look," I said, pointing at the ice, "This ice runs straight through the centre of town and this cold weather is spreading out from this point."
"So it's..."
"Magic." David and I say together.
Our eyes met and we didn't need to say another word, we both started to march down the street to the mayor's house. We both knew who had done this. Or we thought we knew.
"No Henry," I said, I turned around and Henry walked straight into me.
"But mom..." Henry complained, drawing it out, wanting to be part of what he thought was an adventure.
"No I need you to go back and tell Mary-Margret where we have gone and then stay with her to help with Neal."
"But-" I looked down at him and he knew that I wasn't going to be swayed. I gotten pretty good at 'that look' since Henry had come into my life. The mom look.
"Go." I said as pushed him a little back towards the apartment, then I ruffled his hair, "Go get some hot chocolate and cinnamon." I smiled. He started to walk away then turned his head just a little to smile back at me. But my smile had quickly become fixed. I now had to go and deal with his other mother. And I didn't think it was going to be pretty.
Knock. Knock. Knock.
David stepped back after knocking on the door and shot me a quick look. I nodded once, I was ready for whatever Regina was about to throw at us. The door opened slowly.
"What do you want." Apparently the mature coolness was gone, just a show for Henry, now there was just ice cold hatred in her voice.
"What did you do?" I asked, putting as much authority into my voice as I could. She laughed. The wasn't a laugh of happiness but an evil chuckle of disbelief.
"You think I did this?" She opened the door and stepped out so she was looking right into my eyes. "I'll do worse than this. This is just a little storm caused by someone who doesn't even know their own power. This freeze will blow over. My revenge will be much better then this." Her smile was getting bigger but she had a madness in her eyes. "Well," she laughed, "Worse for you, but much, much better for me." She pushed her arms, palms out towards me and David and I were thrown back with breathtaking force so we were both lying, winded, on the pavement next to my bug over ten metres away from where we were just standing.
"She's bluffing, surely," David said, "If she was going to do something, she would have done it by now."
"I don't know, I have to find out what she's planning, and keep Henry away from her. We have to watch our backs from now on. A whole lot of evil is coming our way."

I'm Better Alone. (OUAT CaptainSwan) (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें