Revelations

Liams POV
I woke up with a groan ,and in mild pain.I had fell asleep on the couch last night after ranting to Harry about the kingdoms politics and what not. Who knew I could bore myself to sleep.

I noticed that there was a blanket on top of me and a note.

When I picked it up and opened it I automatically recognized the handwriting as Harry's.

Dear Liam,
Last night you fell asleep rambling to me about politics and what not. You were always the one for ranting topics while I was the listener.
You're probably confused as to why I didn't take you upstairs with me. The truth is,i didn't think it'd be appropriate to be that close.I can see that Niall is bothered by it,and maybe you need to show him more affection and me less. This doesn't change things it just means,no holding hands or sharing a bed or kisses on the cheek or lingering hugs. It doesn't change the fact that you are my best friend because you will always be my best friend. Its just,you know.
By the time you are up early bird,we will be having breakfast.
Change with Mary,see you soon mí querido.
- Love Harry
P.s- you snore loud .

I sighed at the note. He was blowing things out of proportion. Its not wrong to be affectionate toward your bestfriend.

I sighed again.He was right about one thing,i needed to show Niall more affection.
-
After I had gotten dressed,i walked through the corridors to the kitchen waving to the people within the castle.

"Good Morning Prince Liam",Duke Grimshaw greeted me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good Morning Duke Grimshaw",i greet back smiling politely.

I took my seat between Niall and Zayn.

"Morning Prince Liam", both kings greet.

"King of Scotland",i nodded toward him.

"Long time no see Liam.How are your studies",he asks me. My face paled at the mention of my studies.I had only told Niall and Zayn,it must've slipped my mind to tell everyone else.

"What studies",Harry asks,looking toward me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Um,I'm studying European History.I was going to tell you-

"You were going to tell me when!",he yelled standing up.

"We were suppose to do that together Liam.It was special we had been planning it for years.It was important to me Liam",he yells,red in the face.I stood up also.

"I know Harry,i know. Its important to me too.I just forgot",i replied.

"Forgot? Wow Liam wow",he shook his head.

"You don't even have the right to be mad at me.That note you left this morning Harry really",i yelled at him.

"Boys!",both kings yelled.

"What note",Niall and Zayn said in unison.

"Drama",Nick said whistling.

"It needed to be said. You broke our promise",he said,voice soft now.

"Yeah,well you broke it too with that note. You said never",i croaked.

"You said never also",he replied ,pained.

"May I be dismissed",Harry asked his dad.He nods and Harry leaves.

I let out a breath,rubbing my hands over my face.

"I'm so fucking stupid",i muttered.

"Why were the studies important",Yaser asks.

"Me and Harry took an AP European class Softmore year of high school. We loved it,so we decided that we were going to do it for studies in the castle so we could travel together. When we went to Europe together with Gemma, that's where she was taken. We swore we'd take the studies together to see if anything like that had ever happened and if we could bring princess Gemma back home. We were suppose to do it together,i can't believe I forgot",i told him.

"Oh Liam,it was just a mistake.Harry will forgive you",Henry tells me.

"I don't know this time",i sighed.

"Harry always forgives you.He loves loves you son,go talk to him",the king tells me.

"Okay,ill go. I'll be back love",i told Niall,kissing his forehead.
-
"Hazza",i asked knocking on his door. I heard whimpering and crying from the other side of the room.

I opened the door to Harrys room,slowly looking in.

"Oh Harry",i said solemnly as my eyes caught with red ones. He'd been crying,his eyes were red along with his nose and cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Liam",he cried.And okay,i wasn't really expecting that. "For what love",i asked him,taking a seat next to him and wiping his tears."For breaking our promise",he whispers sniffling. I smiled sadly."I broke it too and I'm sorry.I was never mad at you hun,just that you want to stop doing so many things that were accustomed to our relationship.",i told him while moving some of his hair behind his ear.

"I'm sorry ,I just didn't want Niall mad and I wanted you happy",he told me."Don't you dare apologize Harry. You make me happy ,being close to you makes me happy Harry you should know that",i counter.He just nods.

"Now that that's out of the way.There is fajitas on my plate that I haven't yet finished",i joked.He gave me a crooked smile.

"Yeah,alright.Lets go".
-
"I assume that you princes have sorted your differences",Yaser asks.

I look over at Harry smiling."Yeah,we have.It won't happen again",i assure.

"Well that's good innit",Nick said sending Harry a small smile.Harry returned it making me furrow my eyebrows.

"It is.Where is Louis",Harry asked.

Nick held out his hand and Harry took it gingerly."In the main area.Is it okay if I accompany you Prince Edward",he asks."More than okay Duke Grimshaw",Harry replied,leaving the room.

"Looks like Harry and the Duke have something going",King Henry counters ,laughing.

"That's what it seems like.Duke Grimshaw would be a good Prince for Harry",King Malik states.

Henry nods.

I seethed at their conversation. Harry and Nick? No. I'm not saying that because I'm jealous ,I'm saying it because Harry will be shamed for marrying someone of lower status than him.The kingdoms will never take him seriously.He'd be better off a bastard child.
-
Harry's Pov
When Nick asked for my hand,i couldn't fight the blush.Nick is my friend as well as Duke and I've known him for years. Though it's just this year that I'm getting the feeling he likes me. I might return the feelings but I'm not sure. I'm just getting over Liam,and I know it'll be weird if Nick and I were to form a relationship that isn't platonic.

"Your thinking ,what about",Nick asks as he stops walking.

"You",i reply truthfully.

"Mhm.My feelings toward you ?",he asks.I nod."How did you know",i asked."I was thinking about the same thing",he replied.

"So what are your feelings toward me",i ask.

He leaned in slowly ,cupping my cheek with one hand and pressed his lips against my own.