8- Safe.

Louis walked through the main doors of the school at quarter to ten the following Friday morning, his body and mind feeling drained. The passed week had been nothing special, the boy went to and from school- sitting with Niall, his mates and the Styles triplets- then when he got home, he did his own homework, as well as helped his sisters with theirs. Once he had done that he would sit with his family for tea, some nights he would phone Niall and others he would text Marcel about their French homework if needed, and then he would go to bed and do it all over again.

But when Friday morning rolled around and he had to peel Fizzy off of him when he woke up, he could already tell that today would be a harder day. He left the small girl for a little while longer, letting her sleep until almost half seven when he knew that she really needed to get up and get herself sorted for the day ahead.

He waited with his sisters until Niall, Zayn and Liam picked the three remaining siblings up, after their mum had already left with the twins, and they all headed to the local health centre. The car ride was pretty quiet, there was the occasional chatter between Louis and Niall, but the brunet kept it to a minimum.

The drive back to the primary school was also a quiet one, the girls sat in the backseat as Louis drove the car towards the building, their heads resting against each other and their eyes closed, breathing slow and steady. The car pulled to a slow stop, right in front of the school building, allowing Louis to turn and look at the young girls in the backseat.

"You two feeling okay, or do we need a few minutes?" He asked softly, taking a look at his sisters and knowing the answer immediately. The both of them held up two fingers, signifying the latter option, and split apart, leaving space for Louis to move to sit between them and let them relax into his sides.

His hands gravitated to the backs of their heads, his fingers gently playing with the girls' hair. Their silence was comforting to the trio as they let themselves calm down, let the stress leave their brains for at least a little while.

After five minutes, Louis regretfully got the girls into the building, leaving them with a big cuddle each and a promise to be at their beck and call all day, if they needed him.

Once he had made it through reception of his own school, he headed straight for the gym, hearing the alphas before he even got to the doors, and walked through them apprehensively. His eyes focused on Zayn and he directed his body towards the raven haired boy. By the time he had reached Zayn, the alpha had already placed his attention onto the small omega, eyes cautious and curious, "You up for a cuddle?" He asked quietly, letting the omega process his question as he gave him a sympathetic look. Louis nodded, locking his arms around Zayn's waist and pressing his cheek against the boy's chest. Zayn put a hand on the back of Louis' head, his other around his shoulders, as he rocked them back and forth slightly, "The girls okay?" The alpha whispered against Louis' hair, getting another nod as his answer before Louis stepped away, "I'll see you at break, Lou."

Louis walked off again, heading for the gym doors to leave, and turned around, giving a small wave to the four alphas as he left the gym. He stalked through the corridors, his steps taking him towards the Humanities Department, absentmindedly.

He sat down in his seat with a thump, automatically stuffing his head into his arms that were placed on top of the table, leaving Niall to place a comforting hand on his shoulder in a safe attempt at consoling the boy. Louis looked up a tiny bit, giving Niall a sad look and softly shrugged Niall's hand off of his shoulder, keeping his face out of his arms for long enough to see Niall give him a soft nod and a small smile.

When the three of them took their seats in the lunch hall, Louis pulled his book out of his bag and turned his back to most of the boys at the table. He leaned his body against Liam's side and placed his book in his lap, his eyes glancing over the double page he had opened it to.