10- Trust.

"Why won't you trust, Louis?" His eyes opened as he sat up, looking out at the crashing waves in front of him. His eyes were glistening in the moonlight, hair shimmering also. His shoulders shook slightly from the breeze coming from the water.

"I learned from my past mistakes, is the simplest way to put it." It took him a minute to formulate the reply, not willing to go into it much further. As he turned to his left there was a shadowy figure beside him. He couldn't see their face or clothes but he picked up that they were much bigger than him.

He was enjoying the peace that was circling around the pair as they rested on the sand. Louis' feet were aching so he guessed that they had had a fair walk before they arrived at the beautiful spot on the sand- there was a blanket beneath them and a fire about twenty metres away, a small group huddled around the warmth that was emitting from the burning orange flame.

The figure beside him stood up and rolled their long trousers up their legs- the sight not really changing to Louis. They began to walk away, their face pointed away from Louis as they got further from the set up on the sand.

The figure turned back to face him all of a sudden, moving their head in the direction of the water, "Are you not coming, Louis?" They questioned again, continuing to walk instead of waiting for his answer. The omega stood too, watching as the shadow neared closer and closer to the ocean.

He followed shortly after, slowly walking towards the moving water, the dry sand sifting between his toes and riding up the backs of his ankles, and as his feet met the water it splashed up his calfs.

The figure was a distance away now, ducking under the water every so often as they swam. He let his fingers glide against the water, skimming the surface, as he moved through the crashing waves.

It was cool, he noticed. The water cold against his warm skin. The moon shining on his skin, the tan colour glistening. He didn't want to go any further now, he was hip deep and comfortable, not wanting to go much closer to the figure who was slowly slipping away from him- Louis knew he wouldn't be able to catch up. He didnt want to either.

The brunet lay back, floating on top of the water, soaking his hair and clothes. A breath of relief puffed out of his lips and he shut his eyes, letting the relaxing push of the water take over him.

He didnt notice his skin cooling down even more or his lips beginning to chap, or even his teeth slightly chattering against each other. He didnt notice as he started to sink beneath the sea, his nose filling with water and his eyes stinging as he opened them once again.

He reached his arms up and tried to swim back to the top of the water but all he could feel was himself sinking. He began to kick his feet to try and push himself as close to the surface as he could get.

He couldn't breathe any more and after what felt like a few seconds spent underwater he needed a breath. Despite desperately not wanting to, Louis opened his mouth and sucked in a large breath, water overflowing his senses and and filling up his lungs. After that he couldn't stop breathing, he was coughing and spluttering underwater and could feel himself sinking all the while.

And again, despite not wanting to, Louis gave up. In the moment that he stopped kicking and flapping he hated himself. He was leaving his sisters and him mum, his friends and his school, the rest of his life and everything else you experience as a teenager and later on in life.

But he gave up.

And then he fell asleep.

And then he woke up.

He clambered to sit up in his bed, his breathing heavy and forehead soaked with sweat. There was a shift next to him and his eyes darted to the figure beside him in the bed. It looked like the one from his dream but smaller, the light was shining on the end of the bed so the figure had no light illuminating any of their features.

Louis flicked his bedside lamp on and looked back at the occupied space next to him. His eyes squinted as he looked at Lottie, she was still asleep and looked peaceful enough that he would be able to get up without waking her. He slipped out of the bed and made his way towards the window, sitting himself down on the windowsill and glancing out at the night sky.

The omega reached up to open the window, the handle cracking and giving Louis a fright, causing him to look over at his sister. She was still asleep thankfully, so he proceeded to push the glass away from him to allow the early October breeze to hit his face. Light drops of rain battered against the outside windowsill, creating an audible splat with every passing water droplet.

He diverted his gaze to the constellations filling the surprisingly clear sky, the stars littering the air shining at him. He liked to imagine that they were all the people who had passed away, watching over their families and friends. Not visible in the day- due to the sunlight- but reassuringly apparent at night, waiting to be spoken to from the comfort of people's beds.

It comforted him to think that people didnt just disappear when they died and gave him something to look forward to in a way. When he died he would be able to look down on his sisters, his friends and perhaps his spouse and children. That would be a nice thing to be able to do.

He couldn't tell you much about the names of the stars and constellations, just that he knew there was a reason for them all. There was a purpose behind however many stars forming together to make a picture, a message to tell. He found them fascinating, a sight that he could look at all day and all night if he could. The contrast of the bright white against the inky blue skies, the brightness protruding through the endlessness of dark. A hope at the end of the tunnel. And a hope that he clung to when he needed just a little extra reason to keep going.

He scanned his eyes over the visible sky from his window, trying to count the amount of stars that were in his eye line. But after a few attempts he got bored of that and opted to just look out into the night without a thought clouding his brain. He allowed himself to recharge after the busy week of studying and work, chill out for a couple of hours and try not to think back about that horrible dream.

He didnt understand where it had come from. The little dialogue from the figure didnt seem important at the time but now that he is thinking back on it, there has to be a deeper meaning behind it, the figure was telling him something. He just didnt know what.

This was short but will be very important in the sext few chapters :)
Hope you enjoyed lovelies <33