11- Third.

Hi :) *laughs awkwardly because it's been so long*
(sorry about that btw)

October 3rd. A difficult day for Louis to deal with and an even more horrible day for him to be trapped in his own thoughts with.

Louis was laying in bed, looking up at the ceiling, knowing he needed to get up and get ready for school. He could hear his sisters laughing and joking around the house- maybe it was just him but it seemed like today they were being obnoxiously loud, as though they were trying to make him feel worse. If he was being honest with himself, he knew they weren't being malicious nor were they trying to agitate Louis but he couldn't help but roll over and huff into his pillow, letting out an annoyed breath and pulling his sheets above his head.

There were three soft raps against his wooden door, his mother entering the green toned bedroom hesitantly. She walked towards the bed, gently placing her hand onto his shoulder, "You're gonna have to get up, Lou." Her voice was soft and hesitant, just like her movements, "It's almost time you were leaving, let alone getting up, babe."

He let out an involuntary sigh and rolled over, Jay's eyes were hesitant too, he noticed, and sympathetic- as though she didn't want to make him get up but she had too. The tender woman leaned down and enveloped his body in a hug even though he was still wrapped in the covers, "I know, baby." She whispered and all Louis could think was 'no you don't'.

So he got up, his sisters leaving while he got ready, and made his way downstairs. His steps were slow and soft, dragging him through the house unwillingly. Jay made sure to tell him on his way out that he could come home if he had to, as long as he tried today. All she could ask for is that he tried.

As he made his way through the quiet streets, the car whirring being the only noise in the otherwise silent vehicle, his thoughts spun, unrolling a large mess in his brain and apparently chucking all common sense to the side. All he could think about was everything that happened with Mark. And subsequently what happened on the third of October four years ago to the exact date.

Louis walked into school with less than a minute before the first bell of the day was due to ring, looking around for his friends in the short time he had left. The only people he managed to spy were the Styles triplets, there was no Liam, Niall or Zayn anywhere in sight. He shook his head, ignoring the anxious bubble floating up to his chest at the inherent absence of his best friends, the loss of comfort that he felt like he really needed today.

Just as he turned to walk towards the table, the loud bell rung effectively cutting him off and forcing him to head to biology where it seems he would find out where his best friend really was. He floated among the crowds of students going to their classes, absentmindedly directing himself towards the lab where he went every Wednesday morning.

Niall wasn't there. He didn't show up at one point in the entire period and Louis hated all of it, every single minute. He was stressed and anxious and quiet and the knot in his stomach was growing with each second it felt. And it turns out none of his best friends appeared.

He figured that one out when he went to the toilet during his free period and checked his phone. There was a text from Liam saying that there was a family emergency with Zayn's family and that none of the three of them would be coming in. So he returned to his table in the lunch hall, feeling somehow more numb than before and continued on with his morning.

At break he sat alone for the first five minutes until the triplets appeared, tentatively looking at him and not saying anything. Louis looked up from his seat, his neck craning to meet eyes with the tall figures. His palms were splayed out across the pages of his book, keeping it open at the page he was reading, and his fingers fidgeted against the paper, "Hello?" He questioned, his eyes flickering between the three green eyed alphas.