Chapter Two | Carpe Diem |

Charlie finally finds the girls' dorm. Immediately he knocks waiting for an answer. He could hear a light sigh from the other side, followed by footsteps. Elle opens the door, and immediately bit the inside of her cheek in annoyance.

"What do you want, Dalton?" She crossed her arms leaning against the door. Charlie gave a slight wince from the coldness of her voice. It seems her being 'nice' earlier was for their friends.

"Again with Dalton? If you keep it up I'll have to start calling you Eleanor." He smirks at her with a raised eyebrow. She remains looking unimpressed towards him.

Letting out a slight awkward cough he continues, "Study meet at meeks' dorm at eight." She gives him a nod. Elle had to admit, she found it amusing she managed to get the 'oh, so amazing' cocky Charlie Dalton to act awkward. It was a major ego boost.

"Is that all? Good." Taking a step back, she prepares to shut the door. Charlie quickly reaches out and grabs her wrist.

"Wait-" She pauses, staring at his hand waiting for him to continue. Loosening his hold on her wrist, he gently pulls her out into the hallway.

He slides his hand from her wrist, up her arm resting it on her shoulder. "Come on Ellie, it's been a year. Can't things go back to normal?" Charlie pleaded. "I miss you."

Elle sighed, cursing herself for feeling comforted with his hand on her. "You hurt me Charlie. We're not gonna just magically be close again simply because it's been some time."

Despite being angry and hurt from him, she still felt a bit guilty when she saw his frown. Feeling her resolve slowly breaking, she lets out a huff.

"Look uh," she pauses facing away from him, trying to avoid eye contact. "We can try taking the friend route again, but I'm not saying it'll work."

Charlie grins, fully wrapping his arm around her. "That works for me, my dear Eleanor."

"Don't call me that." She shoves him, as they make their way to class.

*

Elle was slightly confused when she walked into her English class, finding that the teacher has yet to arrive. Walking in, she took a seat behind Todd, smiling at him. He returns the smile before reaching for his notebook.

Mr. Keating smiled, peeking his head to watch his class for a moment, before moving back out of sight.

Just as a student threw a paper ball he casually walked in, immediately causing the room to go silent, everyone sitting straight watching the new teacher.

Mr. Keating simply started whistling while walking around the class. Everyone watched in confusion as he made his way to the back and left. Kara met Elles eyes, and both girls let out soft laughs from the odd scene they just witnessed.

A moment later he pops back in waving everyone towards him, "well come on." Elle immediately hopped up from her spot already liking this new teacher. He seemed like a breath of fresh air compared to the other stiff adults in the school.

Everyone else sat still laughing as Elle quickly followed after him.

Finally realizing he wasn't joking, Neil, and Cameron quickly stood up, followed by the rest of the class, while Charlie remained seated.

Walking out into the hall by the schools trophy case, Mr. Keating continued whistling. The class stood around him, Elle slightly standing near the back with Kara beside her. Charlie finally walked out of the classroom standing at the very back looking skeptical of the teacher.

Elle gave him a teasing eye roll for how put off he seemed already with the new teacher. He returned it with a playful glare, putting his hand in his pocket, the other holding his notebook.