Chapter Fourteen | Shakespeare |

dedicated to beefcakeobrien . Thank you for that lovely comment, it's the first one I've received and almost made tear up in English class. Lots of love, thank you <3

*

Later that night after comforting Charlie, Elle was surprised to find that Kara was still up. She was reading over a letter with a large smile. Walking over to her, she wraps her arm around her shoulder looking over it.

"What's this? Did ol' Pittsie finally confess he's madly in love with you?" Kara playfully smacked her arm away.

"If anyones madly in love it's you and Charlie. Don't think we all didn't notice how close you two got after the fight." She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively.

Elle shoves her shoulder with a snort, scrunching her nose. She pauses when she reads over a line from the letter, I paid the school board, all is fine now.

"Paid the school board? What?" She furrowed her eyebrows. Kara hands the letter over to Elle, Excitedly standing up.

Elle reads the letter, mouth wide open in shock. "Your mother paid them, so we wouldn't be kicked out?"

Kara nods happily. Elle runs up to her, grabbing her arms jumping up and down.

"She's officially the coolest person I've ever known, besides you of course." Kara giggles over Elle quite literally jumping for joy.

"She is quite amazing. Plus we couldn't risk splitting you and Charlie up. Oh, the horror." She jests mockingly.

"Oh the real tragedy would be separating you and Pitts, Kar. You should tell him the good news, I'm sure he'll be very relieved." Elle spoke in a suggestive manner.

Turning a bright red Kara nods, "yes I guess I should." Muttering to herself she quickly leaves the room.

Smiling to herself, Elle heads out to search for Charlie. She knew the news would help ease his guilt, but that wouldn't prevent him from receiving a threat if he even thinks of pulling a similar stunt again.

*

She eventually found Charlie in an office surrounded by multiple other boys. He was casually leaning back in an armchair, sunglasses on, and a cigarette in hand.

"Ah, there she is! Ellie come here, I was just about to tell the boys here about my confrontation with Mr. Nolan." He gestures for her to come towards him.

Slowly, she makes her way to him. She wasn't very happy with the display he was putting on. She understood he was trying to repair his tough facade, but he was acting like what he did wasn't completely and utterly stupid.

"You shouldn't be doing this Charlie," she mutters when she's close to him. He reaches for her hand, pulling her to sit on the arm of the chair, resting his own arm around her waist.

"Come on love, I'm simply telling them how I survived the wrath of Mr. Nolan." He gives her waist a small squeeze.

Elle just sighs, leaning on the back of the chair letting him continue reciting his dramatic retelling.

In the middle of the story Mr. Keating enters the room. Elle attempts to stand only to have Charlie hold onto her. She gives his arm a pinch causing him to let go.