VIII. The better Transition Metal.

Hola Mishamigos (I have absolutely no idea if you even are a Mishamigo but to be honest,  you should be.)

I'm back with a new update because I love you all. You're welcome (:

E I G H T | THE BETTER TRANSITION METAL

The outside bar area seemed to be the default place for the members of the Hundred to meet.

Night had fallen upon the survivors of the Ark and a deep mist had set around Camp Jaha, making it thoroughly difficult for any of the guards to see if there was Grounders lurking beyond their electric fence. Though a certain engineer paid no mind to what was going around around her, instead she sat at the usual table with the usual crew-- minus Raven-- and stared absentmindedly into her moonshine, her thoughts anywhere but in reality.

After her hysterical episode the night before, Bellamy had escorted Carter to bed and decided to sit with her until she had fallen asleep, since then she had been in and out of dazes, only snapping back into physical existence when she was called. Not even she knew what she was thinking about half the time, she just let her mind wander.

A sudden nudge was sent into her side and Carter's head shot up, startled. She snapped her gaze towards Bellamy questionably, awaiting for him to explain why he decided to make her jump like that. With a sigh, Bellamy looked from Carter to Clarke. "Okay, say it again, some of us weren't listening."

Carter rolled her eyes but remained silent and looked towards Clarke, who began to repeat what she had already said. "It's a labyrinth." With her pen, she pointed down to a specific part of her map, one Carter was unfamiliar with. "We got to the dam through this tunnel, it's all connected to the mine system. That's our way in."

"Sure, if we can get past the Reapers and the Mountain Men," Bellamy responded, leaning back in his seat, a determined look in his eyes. "I swear to god, if your mom doesn't sanction a mission soon, I'm going by myself."

"Please, I'm just waiting for a reason to get out of this damn camp." Carter scoffed, looking up to him. "They can't keep us locked in here forever." She brought her mug to her lips and took a hearty swig, relishing the welcoming burn down her throat. Just as she brought the cup down, a group of guards filtered out the entrance of the Ark, catching the trio's attention.

"Guess the inquisitions over." Bellamy murmured, turning back to them. "How's Finn doing, anyway?" He asked and even though the question wasn't directed towards Carter she tensed.

"I haven't spoken to him since we got back." Clarke answered distantly, she wore the same forlorn expression as Carter, who awkwardly shifted in her seat. "I don't know what to say... he just kept shooting."

"Do you know what I'd love to see?" Carter abruptly changed the subject, looking up at the two of them, both of which were slightly thrown off guard from the dramatic topic change. "Cars. I read about them all the time on the Ark and I fell in love with them, there was this specific one... a 1969 Dodge Charger, it was beautiful," She smiled lopsidedly. "It must have been every engineer and mechanic's dream to be able to work on a car, they were just so, majestic. What I would give to see one of those..."

"Hey," A sudden voice spoke from behind Bellamy and Carter's breath hitched at the sight of her best friend, the memories of Tondc plastered themselves all over her mind and she shook her seat, abruptly standing.

"I, uh, need another drink." She mumbled, shuffling away from the table, her eyes glued to the ground. She briefly heard Bellamy say something about the next round being on him, but she didn't wait for him to catch up, she just kept walking towards the bar, not even daring to turn around. Once she hit their makeshift bar, she leaned over the counter and ordered her drink with a fake smile just as Bellamy grabbed her forearm and turned her to look at him.