IX. First date goals

Quick update~!

I was inspired. Enjoy!

Bold= Swedish.

N I N E | FIRST DATE GOALS

"By now, you've all heard the rumour." Abby's voice was raised so all of the camp could hear her talking clearly. A large crowd had formed outside the entrance to the Ark station as they awaited anxiously to find out their fate. "And unfortunately, it's true. The Grounders are coming."

"The Grounders have always been coming." Carter murmured almost inaudibly to Clarke who stood beside her along with Finn. Both girls were among the rest of the Ark Citizens as they listened. Carter was eager to know what their plan was and if it still involved them rescuing the rest of the Hundred from Mount Weather, and now since she knew what was of her dad, she hoped they could save him too-- and even if their plan was to high tail it out of dodge, Carter wasn't going anywhere, not until her friends and father were back, and she was sure Clarke, Raven, Bellamy, and the rest of the initial survivors would say the same thing.

"We have a difficult decision to make. Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us and we are discussing all options." Abby continued, though before she could say anything else, Jaha had decided to speak up from the newly appointed Chancellor's side.

"But to be safe," He began, eyeing everyone in the crowd. "You need to pack, now. Take all you can carry, we may need to leave in a moment's notice."

"Where will we go?" A concerned voice broke from within the crowd and Jaha unclasped his hands from behind his back, looking towards the individual.

"I don't know, is the answer," Jaha replied honestly. "But I've heard of a place, a City of Light, it's across the Dead Zone."

"Bullshit." Carter scoffed, shaking her head.

"What makes you think we'll make it there?" Another fretful voice asked.

"Because we made it here." The former Chancellor answered simply. "I have faith, and right now, giving the alternative, that's good enough for me."

"Not for us!" Clarke exclaimed, gaining the attention of both the Chancellor's and the crowd, though she didn't care. "If we leave here, what happens to our people in Mount Weather?"

"As your mother said, that's a very difficult decision to make." Jaha zoned in on Clarke.

"It seems like you've already made that decision though, Theo." Carter spoke up, folding her arms over her chest. "It's okay though isn't it? Because come on, it's only a bunch of stupid, amount-to-jack-squat Delinquents that have been captured and possibly tortured in Mount Weather... and you're safe, I mean that's all that really matters, right? You're alive so you say screw everyone else's life, it's just a few casualties along the way... I'm sure you can live with that on you conscience, right Chancellor?"

"Yes," Jaha nodded, a little distastefully for Carter's liking. "I can live with that on my conscience, I wouldn't like it, but I'd do whatever I have to make sure the majority of our people stay alive," He then turned his attention to the rest of the crowd. The time has come for each and every one of us to ask; is this how the story to our people ends? Did we come all of this way just to die tomorrow? Because if we're still not gone by the time that sun rises, that's exactly what will happen."

"No decision has been made," Abby assured, glancing at the former Chancellor with a look of disapproval. "But in the mean time, please report to your Station Supervisor and gather emergency supplies." And with that, both figures of authority turned around and headed back into the Ark to discuss further matters as the crowd broke out into an uncertain mutter, talking between themselves.