The Backstories: Madysen The Mirror

A/N: Hello everybody! I've decided to start adding backstories here and there about some of the permanent Donlon characters. This story was written by my fabulous friend Madsack24, edited by your's truely! Be sure to check out her stuff when you can. It's all very dramatic and exciting. So without further rambling, this is Madysen's story...

     We were in the middle of a crazy battle, the evil Caroline Flack leading her army herself. Our soldiers were fighting vigorously. Though it wasn’t always enough. Our infirmary was behind the battlefield. Soldiers kept coming and coming. Shaniqua, head medic, had to split us into groups of three just to cover ground and help the wounded. I was in a group with Shaniqua and  another medic named Chase. We were helping a soldier who couldn’t find his leg. In fact we couldn’t find it either.

“He needs to be put into surgery. If we wait any longer he’ll bleed out.” Chase exclaimed.

     The three of us carried the injured man to the operating room and set him gently on the table. We quickly scrubbed in and prepared for surgery. It would only be us three since the other medics were helping the wounded.

“Mady you need to cut off the rest of the bone.” Shaniqua ordered.

“Where’s the saw?” I asked.

     She pointed across the room. In those next few seconds everything changed. It seems like time had slowed, and it had. I was walking across the room, when everything suddenly burst. I was only a few mere feet away from the blast. Not getting the full impact, but enough of it. The entire infirmary was destroyed, medics and soldiers thrown about in the air. I was knocked forward and hit my head against the wall… everything went black.

    When I awoke, I felt a large bruise forming at the top of my head. I stood and faced the destruction. The entire infirmary had collapsed, there was nothing left.

“…help…” I heard a weak voice say. I ran to the voice, moving rubble as fast as I could. Finally I uncovered enough to find a soldier.

‘Hello? Can you hear me? Whats your name? I'm going to try to help!” I called to him, checking for injuries as fast as I could.

“My name Is Zack Rofens, I was stabbed by an enemy soldier,when a bomb went off and everything collapsed.” He explained.

“Don't panic, you're going to be alright sir…” I said staring into the beautiful dying blue eyes that stared back into my own. I began to unwrap the bandage that covered his stomach. When I felt a hand on my face, I looked up to see Zack looking up at me, deathly pale.

“There is no point… if you… if you ever get out of here please look for my family.” He reached under his shirt with his other hand and pulled his dog tag off. He placed it in my hands, closing my fingers around it. “Tell them… tell them I’m sorry I broke my promise, tell Katie, my little sister, I’ll always be there for her…” He continued weakly. Tears welled in my eyes as he told me his dying wishes to his family. He wiped a tear from my face, then closed his eyes for the last time. I watched in grief as he took his final breath. I sat there… holding the dead soldiers hand to my face. When I heard a twig snap. I stood quickly and saw only a few feet away from me… the Flack herself. An evil grin spread across her face.

“Well Well Well, what do we have here, hmm? A medic for the royal army. The only survivor left I see.”

    I stared at her, dumbfounded. Did she just say… how did so many troops get wipped out? We had more soldiers stationed here than anywhere else!?!

“O-Only one?” I stuttered. She started walking closer to me, I was frozen in terror. She began to chuckle.

“Yes little girl, you are the only one left.” She cackled in my face. I was infuriated. I lunged at her. Suddenly, I was suspended in air. You heard me right, with a snap of her fingers I was frozen mid-jump. All I could do was breathe.