Only Time Will Tell

Ch. 7

PERRIE’S POV

The bell had rung, signaling that the school day had finally ended. I packed up my things and got ready to leave. It was weird, Margaux never showed up after Veronica came to get her. I hope everything was okay.

I walked past Ms. Flack’s office, and breathed a sigh of relief. No one was in there but Veronica. She was too busy sharpening pencils to notice me peering in. If Margaux wasn’t here, then where was that girl? She probably went home; what am I worrying about? I hopped and my blue electric scooter and made my way to the grocery store. I needed to pick up a few things for my family.

Zipping through the streets always brought me joy. It felt like flying, and it was just so much fun! I felt like I could do anything, or be anything that I wanted. No one could catch me or pull me down. It’s only natural that I’m so affected.

I pulled up to the store and strolled inside. I pulled out the list my mother had given me

-Pickles

-Bread

-Peanut Butter

-Spearmint Gum

-Goldfish Crackers

I see where I got my crazy from. I laughed as I roamed around the market trying to find all the items on the list. I filled my basket with almost all of the items. I smirked at the basket. I’ll probably go through self checkout this time. There was one more thing on my list, and then I could go home. Bread. As I approached the pastry isle, I got the surprise of my life. Staring intensely at a donut was no other than...

ZAYN’S POV (A/N: finally!)

I was at this elementary convenience store for the second time this week. I just don’t have what I need to concoct my elixirs. I was getting quite frustrated. I do not have  time for this nonsense. Time was slipping through my fingers, and there was nothing I could do about it. Storming through the supermarket’s pastry isle. My eye caught on something. A simple donut. I bet this donut was pretty pleased with itself, not a care in the world. I on the other hand, was confused and angry. I didn’t even know why I had to make these stupid concoctions! I just felt as though if I didn’t, my world would come crumbling around me. Fucking donut...

I looked up to see someone staring at me. Actually, she was quite pretty, not that I was paying attention or anything. I could tell that there was something she and I shared. Something neither of us could control. I could not put my finger on what it was. I was just so furious at my own uncertainty, that I ended up placing all of my anger on this girl. The more I looked at her, the more infuriated I became.

“Uh–h hi” she waved shyly.

“What do you want!”

She looked at me startled when I snapped at her. Her eyes wide, much like a deer caught in headlights. She had lovely eyes... damn, snap out of it Malik!

“ I–I just need that bread o–over there” she pointed shakily to the loaf of bread I was towering above.

“Oh, okay then,”  I spat, tossing the loaf to her.

“What’s your name?”

“Perrie Edwards,” she whispered, clutching the bread in her hands.

“Um, Zayn” Perrie mumbled.

“What?!” I was getting very agitated with this girl, but I don’t know why.

“Are you okay?”