Tears, Pasta, and Curiosity

Ch.4

NIALL’S POV

Wow. It had just started raining out of nowhere. I hope Liam would be back soon. He had the food, and there was nothing to eat in the house. My stomach gave a grumble of disapproval.

“There there tummy, Liam will be back with the food soon shhh,” I whispered.

I decided to watch a movie to distract me from my empty stomach. Finding Nemo seemed to be the obvious choice. It was difficult to find in the film shelf. It was hidden behind all the Toy Stories. I would call Liam’s love for Toy Story an unhealthy obsession...

I popped in the movie, and began to watch.

It was about 20 minutes in the movie, and I was already crying like a baby.

“Why can’t you find Nemo already?!?! He’s at P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney!” I sobbed at the telly.

I thought I must look odd if someone was to see me right now. Watching a kids movie, sobbing, surrounded by tissues, and yelling at the TV. Good thing I was by myself.

I heard the doorknob jiggle and the door being unlocked.

shit...

I scrambled to shove the tissues under the couch cushions and stop the water works.

“Hey Niall I’m home!” Lili yelled.

“Oh, hey... did you get the food,” I said nonchalantly. Ya... just act natural...

“Yes Niall...and I brought someone too.”

“What do you mean someone?” I quirked my eyebrow.

Liam came and sat down beside me.

“I was driving home and then I saw Margaux soaked under a tree. She seemed to be a bit shaken up. I know she’s staying with Louis and Harry, but I wasn’t sure when they would be back. So I sorta brought her here....she’s in the shower right now,” Liam explained.

“Oh ok. Do you know why she was there anyway?”

“Not really, she just told me that she got lost.”

Hmmm. It was weird that Margaux wasn’t with Lou then. I thought they were skydiving today.

Then I heard a door shut. Margaux came out wearing some of Liam’s clothes. He must have let her borrow them.

“NIALL!” she yelled

“MARGAUX!”

I ran up to her and gave her a Horan Hug. I know she was Louis’ friend, but we also got along really well.

“Hey how are you feeling?” I asked.

“I’m ok. At least I’m not cold anymore,” she smiled.

Liam gave me a questioning look from the couch.

“What are tissues doing in the sofa?” He pulled one out of the cushions.

“Uh–uh... I have no idea,” I stuttered.

“You were watching Finding Nemo again weren’t you?” Liam said with sympathy.

“I REGRET NOTHING!” I yelled.

Liam chuckled.

“Why is it a big deal that you cry over Finding Nemo? It’s a touching film,” Margaux stated.

“YEAH! See, Margaux understands the beautiful relationship between a father and son!” I gave her a high five.

Liam stuttered and blushed, “I– I didn’t mean it like that I just thought...”