Chapter thirteen 👑

Ignore all the typos please,I was feeling very sleepy

Khalil walked to were his friends were standing next to their rented jaguar after Abdullah had already driven off leaving him to answered his unanswered questions himself. As if Khalil hadn't already gotten enough madness for one day, upon reaching them,he saw that the car was already decorated with balloons and ribbons as if he was the groom if the day.

'Oh wait,he was actually the groom of the day by circumstances' his subconscious mind kicked in.

"Well if it's isn't the latest ango in town" Aaman teased with a big grin  plastered on his face.

How on Earth is he still in a good mood?

Of course Mas'ud and Khalil knew the answer and that was why they chose to ignore him.

"Who was that?" Mas'ud asked referring to the hooded guy he saw earlier.

"Abdul from Montreal" Khalil answered with a slight frown on his face and his two friends gasped "He's the runaway groom of the Bahzad heiress" he passed each of them a look "I don't even know why he even hitched me with her in his place" he ran his hand through his hair and let out a tired sighed.

A child ran passed them holding a kettle of water in his hand as he rushed to give it to an old man. Khalil followed the boy's movement then suddenly jerked back to reality as the thought of him having to meet his in-laws place made him have cold feet.

As they entered the car and Mas'ud started the engine,he gave Khalil back his phone. He collected and absentmindedly unlocked it while Mas'ud skillfully backed up the car and reversed it outside the mosque's premises.

Two other black tinted cars which they later learnt that they were the ones that was to take them to Hajiya kaka's's house, arranged themselves in front of them. Kaka specifically sent them to lead Khalil to her house in order to avoid the history of that morning to repeat itself.

He tapped on the phone icon and had his jaw hanging by the amount of missed calls he had had.

Eighty three missed calls from Mammiey.

Seventeen missed calls from Zulfa.

Nine missed calls from Fauziya.

A missed call from Na'ilah. (Why was she even calling him?).

Many many missed calls from other random people like his colleagues, friends and people who had already heard the news.

———
♦♦♦
———

"I don't even know what happened Asiya, I'm sorry for dragging your family into this" Umma broke into sobs and Mammiey patted her on the back.

Hajiya Maymunah had refused to come out of her room since she left kaka's. She knew she was supposed to be with the guests outside but she didn't feel the need to. She didn't see herself worthy to be called the mother of the bride.

A mother was supposed to make sure that her daughter was happily married to the one she loves not watch her to be forced into one just because of her grandmother's selfish wants.

Her phone was switched off since that morning, just in case so she didn't know when her daughter's knot was tied or who she was married to.

But when Hajiya Asiya Al-farsi came inside the room,she knew exactly who her son in-law was going to be and then she broke into a fresher wave of tears.