Chapter two👑

Zulfa slouched on the sofa with a big bowl of popcorn on her lap, the TV remote in her left hand,  a bottle of Schweppes on the coffee table in front of her and her phone in her right ear talking her best friend Minaal when Khalil walked in from when he got back from the office.

Khalil sat beside her waiting for her infamous drama and theatrics  while she gave him a pointed look and sticking her tongue out before turning back to her phone. "Sorry Minaal, I'll have to call you back...bye"

She dropped her phone next to her drink and lunged forward giving her brother a bear hug almost pushing him down which he was expecting. "Ya Khal I missed you so much fa"

Very typical Zulfa.

He smiled and hugged her back "Missed you too munchkin" she released herself from the hug as Khalil began to undo the knot of his tie " When did you return, I thought it was tomorrow"

"Two hours ago, school was driving me crazy"

Khalil stifled a laugh in order for him not to sour up her mood "How was school by the way?"

She scrunched up her nose in distaste "Did you even have to ask? School is hard especially university, why did I ever think it was easy?"

"We warned you didn't we? but you didn't listen"

"Yes you warned me and I didn't listen but even though I listened, what difference could have made, I would still resume school,right?"

Khalil shrugged and stood up accepting her point. Zulfa has been in school for the past  for the past two months and no matter how troublesome and difficult she was, he still missed her and her tantrums.

She only comes home for weekends but with the mid semester's break she would be home for two weeks and she intends to spend her break to the fullest.

"Is Abbiey at home?" Khalil asked her.

"Yep,he's around but at the gazebo outside with a friend"

"Ya Khal" she called out and he hummed in response while turning back "while at school, I practiced how to play table tennis a lot and now I can proudly confidentially say that I'm ready beat you"

"In your dreams baby sis" Khalil scoffed" I'll be down in minute, lemme just go freshen up" he said and left for his room.

Before going to his room he decided to go Mammiey's room first to greet her.

He saw that her door opened ajar and entered with a salaam. He met her at her reading table writing something on her office diary.

She answered his salaam indifferently without looking up to see him. Others would think that Mammiey acted casual was because she saw Khalil greeting immediately he returns from work as a usually affair. The reverse was the case on that special Friday because not only did she get to spend the week with her family but she gets to put her plan in action concerning Khalil.

Hajiya Asiya Al-farsi was a very witty woman and makes sure she plans ahead of everything. She was a renowned jewelry dealer in the country.

The Al-farsi jewels was rated among the top ten most authentic jewelries in the world by Forbes. Despite owning a jewelry empire, she never neglected her children in any way. She preferred to work from home and only goes to the head office occasionally in order for her to provide the motherly love and training every child should have.

Khalil spun her around on her swivel chair so she could face him squarely. She shot him a glare and spun herself back to her original position.

He smiled and spun her again. He knew that he was stepping on her toes  but would be worth the try.