Chapter One👑

Enjoy😘

Nazneen sat on the beanbag couch in her room flipping through a book while Inarah rummaged through her clothes in search of suitable clothes for a wedding trip to Kano.

"You are so old Nazneen, when was the last you went for shopping"

Nazneen heard what Inarah said but chose to ignore her because she had other things on her mind and how was she going to Kano and return in one piece topped the list.

She was socially awkward and people tend to see it as snobbishness except for her closest family members and her best friend, Inarah.

Going to Kano meant that she'll be judged just like she has always been about her reclusiveness which wasn't her choice but a habit. She picked this habit over the years while growing up since her parents never tried to shove friends under her nose since she wasn't that good at making friends.

She was just shy and no matter how she tried to be more confident, the deeper she crawls into her shell so she just stopped trying along the line and settled for reading books and learning new cooking recipes which was the only thing she considered normal about herself.

"Earth to Nazneen" Inarah snapped her fingers shaking her out of trance.

"Sorry, I didn't get what you were saying"

Inarah rolled her eyes and sat on the carpet next to Nazneen "I said that you should get ready because there is no way that you are going to Kano with those outdated clothes"

"Is it really necessary?"

"Yes it is,how are you supposed to enjoy your weekend when..."

"Don't worry about me Inarah, I'll be fine and besides you're coming too" Nazneen cut her short meekly.

Inarah wanted to say something else but decided against it when she knew it won't get them anywhere. She looked at her cousin one last time who continued reading her book before going back to the closet to complete what she was doing.

Nazneen looked up and watched the retreating figure of the only person she trusted. Ever since her father broke the news of them going to Kano for a cousin's wedding,she lost focus on whatever she was doing.

The book she was reading was the third book she picked out of her shelf within two hours and yet it was almost as if she had forgotten how to read.

When her mother asked her to come join her to prepare breakfast earlier, she politely declined knowing fully well that she'd make a mess out of it. Eating the breakfast was another different story because she barely touched her food.

She knew that if she told her parents that she doesn't want to go, they won't question her and would let her stay behind but being the shy person she was, she couldn't bring herself to do it.

When she called Inarah and told her about her dilemma, the girl freaked out. She was ecstatic and came over thirty minutes later going on about how she loved weddings and how she wants her Best friend to feel the same about weddings.

After a while, Inarah pulled a medium sized trolley bag with her while coming out of the closet.

"I'm done packing your clothes and I'll take the trolley bag to Ummi's room so that you wouldn't change anything"

Nazneen nodded wordlessly and continued pretending to be engrossed in her book. When Inarah left she decided to take a break from reading and remove her reading glasses.

She stood up and stretched her limbs a bit before removing the ribbon that held her dark back lengthy hair into a ponytail. She used her fingers to comb it before tying it again.