chapter six👑

Ignore all the typos please
It's unedited

Mas'ud sat at the bleachers as their only audience. As appealing as it was to him, he just had to get over the temptation of ordering something to eat while he cheered. He regretted his decision of skipping lunch only to meet up with time. If only he could rewind time and have his lunch like he supposed to.

From where he sat, he could see Aaman and Khalil making their way into the race course on top of their horses. They did a little upgrade to their outfit as it was no longer sneakers or trainers they were wearing but riding boots and for the sake of their safety,they wore helmets.

He took a swig from the bottle of water he was holding and sat up straight as the race was about to begin.

"You are both clear on the rules" the race starter asked as he came in between them. He was holding a red flag which will be used to signal  them that the race has begun. They both nodded.

"It's a single lap game round the course. First person to reach the finish line wins"

"On your mark"He raised the flag to his left hand side. They both stiffened their shoulders. "Get set" he raised the flag skyward as they grab the reins and raised their horse's whips. "Go!"

Almost at the same time, they sprinted forward raising dust behind them. It would be the death of any asthmatic patient to go the course at that time.

Loud thumping on the ground as the steady yet strong hooves ran at maximum speed each trying to make their way to victory and as for Mas'ud, he just leaned back and watched.

At first it was Khalil that was at the lead gapping Aaman with just few feet, and he was happy about that. But he had this habit of not paying attention even in his school days, at the office or board meeting, when driving or in this case, when horse racing.

"Hey Mas'ud"

An all too familiar voice greeted him from behind as she made her way to were he was sitting. She wasn't supposed to be there but here she was sitting next to him also here having her hopes high for a particular someone to win.

Khalil raised his head towards the bleachers and his jaw dropped at the sight of the person sitting beside Mas'ud. He lost concentration that he didn't even know when Aaman passed him and before he knew,he got to the finish line before him.

She furrowed her brows in confusion and a slight anger as she tried to comprehend how he lost and how the other person won.

Dammit.

After the race which Aaman gracefully won,the horse's attendants took the them back to the stables while the two audience came to meet them at the finish line.

Aaman didn't notice the woman coming with Mas'ud until they came closer. His eyes narrowed  in slits as as he looked at her like an alien. He was shocked as well as not happy with the turn of events.

"Hey babe, nice game"

Khalil swallowed the lump in his throat as he waved back at her "Hi Fauziya, I thought you said that you couldn't make it"

Aaman's eyes widened in surprise "she was invited?"

This should be fun. Mas'ud thought to himself as the hunger he was feeling earlier vanished into thin air.

"Got a problem with that?" Fauziya replied instead. Aaman clenched and unclenched his fist.

"Yes I have a problem with that and guess what that problem is" he snarl making her flinch inwardly "it's Fauziya Tahir Galadima"