chapter five👑

Khalil was at the middle of a stakeholders meeting when he heard noises from outside. He knew that other people would take care of it but he was already bored so he took the initiative of going to see it for himself.

"Please carry on with the meeting, I'll be right back" he said and walked out of the boardroom.

He went out if the room and met a lady in rose pink kimono and white pants and matching turban and finally Chanel heels to complete her looks. She was arguing with the receptionist while keeping the security men at arms length with her dominance.

They was only one person he knew that could pull out any look and carry herself with elegance and power with confidence oozing out of her.

Fauziya Tahir Galadima. His dearest girlfriend.

"What's going on here?" He asked pretending to not know what going on.

"Sir,this lady here demanded to get you out of the meeting" Mariam, the receptionist said pointing at Fauziya.

"Do you know who you're pointing at?"

"Nobody cares about who you are" Khalil mumbled to himself taking her by the arm.

"What did you say?" She flared at Khalil.

"Nothing babe,I said nothing" he answered quickly "come on,let's go to my office" he said pulling her away.

"Sir,what about the meeting?" Mariam asked when they were leaving.

"It has been adjourned" he said without giving her a backward glance.

They both entered his lavishly polished office. The floor to ceiling window occupied the whole of the fourth wall letting one to see the magnificent view of the Abuja city. A large mahogany table stood at the middle of the office and a small wardrobe containing his spare suits and clothes at the far end.

A set of velvet sitting lounge with a glass coffee table at the middle. There was a mini dining table a little to the left of the lounge and glass model of the Al-farsi enterprise on one side of his office.

Fauziya sat a the single settee cushion while Khalil sat across her with his laptop on his lap.

"I don't like her" Fauziya started.

"And who don't you like this time?"

"Your receptionist, she's so annoying, I feel like strangling her anytime I see her"

"You're just stressed babe,maybe what you need is a drink" he suggested and buzzed the intercom for his assistant. "Bring a bottle of sparkling water and a cup of latte extra foam and bagels,thank you"

She crossed her leg and relaxed her back on the cushion and threw her custom made Victoria secret hand bag after removing her phone next to Khalil. She was the only child of her father who lost his beloved wife during her birth. She was undoubtedly pampered but wasn't spoilt.

Fauziya had a cold personality with a hint of arrogance in it. She never failed in putting people in their place whenever they lost their way and yet she still managed to carry herself with  pride and dignity.

She was a popular international supermodel,the top slay queen Naija ever had and the current face of the popular Tambari magazine.

Saleem,his assistant placed their order on the coffee table as Khalil gave him and absent minded nod while Fauziya gave him nothing but a curt nod.

She took a sip from her latte and scrunched her nose in distaste "yuck"

Khalil looked up "what is it?"