Chapter 16

The wolf stared me down like I was it's prey. It's hazel eyes seemed almost welcoming, if it wasn't for the situation, it's eyes glaring at me like I was it's worst enemy. What had I done? 

Gory, ripped flesh hung off it's razor sharp teeth that looked like they could rip me in half with a single swipe, the putird scent was like a vicious warning. I was aware that I would die soon.

Vicious snarls tore through it's bared teeth, this was a situation that in no way did I want to be involved in. Yet i was. 

How had I gotten into this situation? I had no idea. 

I had no way to defend myself, all I was, was a weak human. I could not shift. I was powerless against the inhumane creature infront of me.

His large jaws began to widen, it knew it had me at my knees begging for my life, he had me. The snarls told me he was preparing to gulp me down like a piece of meat.

He didn't get the chance. My pack jumped infront of me, their own teeth bared, ready to protect me. Why?

But this time my dream was different.

My parents didn't get the chance to lunge towards the wolf and be ripped to shreds, because Axel got in the way.

I heard a branch snap to my left, and saw Axel emerge from the tree's. His golden hair, windswept as he tore through the tree's with determination towards the wolf infront of me. 

Before he reached it, my family got in the way. They died at the merciless hands of the wolf. After the numerous bite wounds, the darkest, scarlet-colored blood came sputtering out of my father like a waterfall, making a pool around his lifeless body. I saw the blood oozing slowly out of my mothers, and let out a blood-curdling scream. 

I kept screaming in agony, but I couldn't concentrate on their deaths for too long, for my glorious mate was approaching, my saviour.

I felt a wave of pain tear through my chest as I watched him, never before had I experienced the dream like this, never before had I been able to recognise him as my mate as he died to protect me. 

He bravely dived infront of me, not a moment of hesitation, I could barely see him for he moved so fast, his golden furred wolf a halo-like blur.

And then the large black wolf dropped to the ground, a gaping crimson hole in it's neck, leaking out like an overfilled bathtub. 

I stared on at it, the light slowly leaving it's murderous eyes. Despite it's death leaving it in peace, it's eyes still conveyed a murderous glint , even in death this savage wolf was not truly at peace.

I didn't know what to think. I knew I was dreaming, there was no way to see this so many times and it be real. But why was this one different?

"Axel." I breathed, rushing over to him. I was overjoyed that this time, in this dream, it seemed myself and Axel had won. 

He gave me a small smile before he dropped to his knees.

"Axel?" I asked, my voice raising in concern.

"I love you." he whispered, his gaze locked to mine. 

"W-what?" I gasped, leaning down infront of him and resting on my own knees, that was when he collapsed forwards into me.

I struggled under his weight, my weak human form crushed beneathe his own. 

I looked down, and all I saw was red.

Pools and pools of deep, ever expanding red.

My paniced gaze turned to Axel. The emotion slowly leaving his eyes.