Chapter 18

Axel's POV

Chase and Damen continued to stare at me in complete shock, their eyes giving away their fear at what had just happened.

"What the heck just happened?" Damen spluttered.

"That was my mate." I told them truthfully, narrowing my eyes as their own eyes widened in shock. "What?" I growled at their response.

"Let me get this straight, Alpha Skylar... is your mate? As in your life-partner?" Damen asked.

"Yes."

"Cool." Chase grinned, "She seems 'right"

I shook my head, Chase had always been a good friend to me. Trust him to be okay with it.

We walked back to the pack house, many pack members widened their eyes at me, shocked to see me again.

How long had it been since I had last seen them?

And I would no longer see these people. With that realization, each pack member I saw I would stare at with interest, memorizing each individual crevice on their faces. It was difficult, it was no where near as easy to picture their faces than it was Skylar's. But It was important to me to do so. Soon these people would be a distant memory to me.

"So what brings you back?" Chase asked me. "Sky causing you too much trouble?"

"Skylar is no trouble." I growled.

"So er, how did you meet?" Damen asked.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know, maybe because I was touring the packs?"

Damen replied with a withdrawn "Oh yeah,"

It had taken me a while to fully come to terms with the fact that Skylar was Avery. But I accepted it now. Besides, another thing I had realised was that Skylar and Avery were not the same person. Skylar was my mate. She was so different now, and though I had loved Avery, Skylar wanted to be the new her, she wanted to keep her new name, she wanted to stay how she was now. And that was okay. I never knew Avery as my mate. But Skylar is part of my soul, I would love her however she was.

After a while of silence I said "I came because I have to instate a new alpha."

"What?" they both exclaimed, "Your leaving us for her?"

"It's not like that." I sighed, "She's my mate, I can't... not be with her."

"Can I come?" Chase asked, grinning at me.

I was taken back with surprise, "You'd want to?"

"You'll always be my alpha, no matter what pack you belong to." He told me.

Damen shrugged and said, "I guess that's true for me to, you're like my best friend, the both of you. No way are you both leaving me behind."

I smiled at the idea that my two best friends from the pack didn't want me to leave without them.

It didn't take too long to confirm my decision for the new alpha, I had been considering the idea the whole way here, and I believed it was the right choice, especially after confiding in Chase and Damen about it, and hearing them both agree.

It wasn't long before I stood infront of my pack seeing their confused faces at me, stood on the makeshift stage as I adressed them.

"You may have noticed that I have been... away." I spoke, "It is because I found my mate. Alpha Skylar of the Dark sky pack."

There were actually a few screams in the crowd, to which I narrowed me eyes at, but quickly shook of the feeling of betrayal, as much as i hated to admit it, it was only natural to be scared of Skylar.