Chapter 24

Reluctantly, I lifted my head from his chest, meeting him in the eye without saying a word.

After a moment I sighed, looking away. "We have a pack meeting."

"Okay." He said, "Do you want me to stay here?" 

"No," I shook my head. And I gently took him by the hand and led him out of the room. 

"If you're going to be a part of this pack I have to introduce you to them, along with Chase and Damen." I told him, I had already informed them all of what would be happening, they should all be gathered at the meeting place.

As wolves, we weren't exactly cold. So the snow didn't bother us, we could have meetings outside and it wouldn't matter. 

So we made our way to the meeting place, myself and Axel climbed up on top of the 'stage' which in reality, was just a rather large, flat boulder. 

Chase and Damen were stood towards the back of it, following my instructions to stand there, Axel made a move to stand with them but I tightened my grip on his hand, forcing him to have to stand next to me, facing the pack. 

He didn't say anything about where he stood. 

"Dark sky pack," I began, having noticed Blaine also standing on the rock. "I called you for a meeting today to introduce the soon to be members of this pack." 

There were some murmurs going around the pack, new members were never introduced before we initiated them. 

But Axel didn't know that. 

I made a motion to Chase and Damen causing them to step forwards besides myself and Axel. 

"Chase Logan," I announced, he stepped forward, his face reddened slightly. "And Damen Hertz," Damen also stepped forward, only he did so confidently. 

The pack eyed them up, and seemed to except them, but their eyes soon turned to Axel, whom I hadn't announced alongside the others. 

I left a moment of pause, taking a deep breath and hearing Axel's heartbeat quickening. "And this is Axel, former Alpha of Dusk pack." I heard his heartbeat falter slightly before slowing down, was he disappointed?

"He is my mate." 

There was a stunned silence in the crowd, but it lasted only a few seconds before cheering broke out. 

In a pack, the bond between the alpha and their pack is strong, to hear that you would be getting another alpha, along with happiness for your current alpha, not to mention the added strength that a pack with an entire set of alphas would gain. It tied the pack together, it was something to be celebrated. 

Axel turned to face me, shock written all over his face, he was at a loss for words. I stared back at him, holding no emotion on my face, but still holding his hand. 

I turned back to face the pack, "They will be staying here from now on, until the initiation ceremony. 

Few pack members were aware that Axel had been here, a few of them had caught his scent but I had been doing my best to hide his scent around the land, and the ones that had seen him around had always seen him with either myself or Blaine. Some had even been there to witness our first meeting as mates. 

I could feel relief practically seeping out of Axel, I focused more on what his emotions were telling me, he seemed happy to finally have some form of evidence that I wasn't ashamed of having him as a mate, which I frowned at. He felt as though our bond was more confirmed now. 

I hadn't immediately initiated them into the pack because in order for Axel to become an alpha of the pack, we had to be fully mated. As that hadn't happened yet, I couldn't initiate him.