Chapter 12

When I woke, I held a tight feeling close to my heart.

Today was the last full day I would have with Axel. This week had gone too fast. Despite the fact that we couldn't be together, i desperately wished we could.

I could feel the unease that rolled of off Axel as he too, realised after this day we would likely never meet again.

 I was intent on occupying myself, distracting myself from Axel in order to make the seperation easier.

The problem was my wolf.

Her relentless instincts that went against the rejection process was agonising.

I hated that I could not please her, but I could feel that she understood why I was doing it, even if she didn't like it.

But now, lying in my comforting bed, I could see Axel on the ground.

I sighed. He was everything I had hoped for in a mate.

Unfortunately karma has a way of ruining that.

"Axel!" I laughed, watching as he splashed the younger pack kids with water from the pond that our lives seemed to revolve around.

He turned to face me, his smile brightening as he saw me, immediately he began to wade out of the water before hugging me to him.

I grimaced as I felt the cold water seep through my clothes.

He took a step back, seemingly pleased at my now soaking attire.

"Ah, I guess your already soaked so it's okay to go in the water!" He smiled.

"What? No I-" I was cut off by his arms winding around me and lifting me off the ground.

I squirmed in his arms, despite the fact that i couldn't be happier in this position, in a futile attempt to escape.

The pack expected that once I got my wolf I would be Axel's mate. Axe's mate, the future luna.

It was all too much to comprehend. 

The pack hoped it would be me, and I sure as heck hoped the same.

Axel's thoughts on it? I had absolutely no idea.

I could feel his warm skin through the contact with me he was making as he carried me.

"Bath time!" he yelled, I opened my mouth to object, but before I could he threw me deep into the lake.

I felt myself sinking below before I pulled myself up to the surface, only to be shoved back down as Axel did a cannonball into the lake.

I gasped as I caught my breath, watching as Axel appeared out of the water also, before paddling towards me.

He grinned at me, his charming smile catching me off guard.

Immediately a small smile graced my own lips.

As he was getting closer, I laughed and splashed him with water.

My actions soon engaged us in a full on water-fight, leaving us even more drenched (if that was possible) than before.

As he crept even closer, instead of shifting the water he began ticking my warm skin.

I laughed, but as his intense gaze fixed on me, I calmed down, and finally noticed how close our bodies were.

I looked up into his piercing gaze, stuck in a trance as he lowered his head to mine in a sweet but short kiss.