Chapter 26

I woke up in a comfy bed with something tickling my face and a pair of warm arms wrapped around me. 

Opening my eyelids, I noticed that the (unusually) comfortable bed was because I was in the new house, the thing that tickled was a whole hoard of feathers that had somehow escaped the pillows, and the arms belonged to my mate. 

My mate.

It sounded very nice. Not that he hadn't been my mate before, but now there was  added meaning. He was truly my mate now, in every sense of the word.

What came with mating, was the unexpected thrill, the sensation of power that just seemed to be running through my veins.

I was strong, but I'd never felt so in control.

I smiled to myself, it was lovely. To wake in his arms, and to know that everything would be okay...

Well actually, that wasn't strictly true. 

I had made a promise to myself. I would avenge my packs death. I had to.

I could never be happy until I did.

Once Axel woke up - with an overly enthusiastic grin on his face, I might add - he  went to go see the rest of the house, dragging me along with him. He acted like an excited puppy, but it made me smile. 

I found it enjoyable as I watched him explore, smiling when he saw that the large office contained two desk setups, one for me and one for him. 

When he had discovered every inch of the house, we went down to the large, modern kitchen, and made breakfast.

I wasn't used to sitting down for breakfast, ordinarily I would just grab something and eat it while working. That was once of the things that changed. 

But the most striking difference that I noticed, having mated, had nothing to do with my routine. 

I could feel a thrill in my limbs, something close to how I felt using my powers. 

I theorised that they would strengthen, and that seemed to be correct. 

I seemed to be getting a better sense of others around me, at first I assumed it was just Axel, but then I went to talk to some pack members and realised I could almost taste their moods... Happy about the new alpha, but a little sad because the weather had turned sour.

The sky had filled with grey clouds, and it was putting a slight damper on the entire pack. 

Once I was alone, I could stare up at the endless grey expanse, and I almost felt as though I could do something about it. 

Naturally, I was curious. And so raised my hands up and attempted to move the clouds away.

It wasn't exactly working the way I intended, but they began to thin out, until they were relatively white and the sun was shining through.

I smiled at that, I liked to think I had done it.

Having mated the alpha of the pack, Axel was now technically a luna, however I knew the pack would treat him with respect, as a true alpha. 

But, it could also be argued that I was a luna myself. It didn't particularly matter, the work was divided relatively evenly.

Axel was officially instated as an alpha on that morning, there was no outrageous ceremony or anything, but the pack gathered to watch an elder proclaim him as a alpha.  

The pack would have known immediately anyway that he had become an alpha, they would feel the very strong, new bond when we mated.

Now, the pack was practically glowing.

All was well, except for one thing. 

The thought of it made me scowl, to think that everything was almost perfect, but not.

Not quite, anyway. 

The Bloodmoon pack was something I had my mind set on from the start, it had been many years, and admittedly I was postponing a little, I didn't want a single thing to go wrong.

But how could anything go wrong? We were ready. 

The pack was ready. I was ready. 

It was time.

We were going to attack them, and we will kill them. Every last one of them. 

It was time for revenge.

___________________

Very short chapter! I know sorry! I just really want to start writing the next chapter (which is when a lot of things will happen...).

Please vote/comment if you enjoyed!