Chapter 19

For the first time in what seemed like forever, I was dreaming. 

I knew this, because despite the slight change in scenery, I could still feel the warmth of multiple blankets and Axel's arms wrapped around me, along with Axel's presence in the back of my mind, providing a form of comfort. 

I wasn't having one of my usual nightmares, I was with him. 

We were sat on a large patch of grass, a place that I didn't know, yet it fit in perfectly with the scenery provided by my packs land, I gently ran my fingers through the textured ground, tugging on the silky strands of luscious grass as we spoke, my eyes constantly interlocked with his. 

It was what you might call a meaningless conversation, there was no particular topic, we just spoke of whatever came to mind. 

And then a small force slammed into me, I kept upright, only slightly nudged by the warm being. 

I looked down to see a young child with her hands wrapped around my waist.

She had plaited golden blonde hair with big blue eyes, her cheeks pink in excitement, for what I was unsure, but I immediately found myself smiling back at the stunning child. 

Seeing her, the word daughter immediately came to mind. And I was quick to wrap my own arms around her, adjusting myself so that she was sat more comfortably on me. 

She giggled as she joined in on our conversation, smiling brightly. 

The image slowly faded into darkness as I begrudgingly woke up. 

I was breathing heavily, my stomach seemingly aching inside of me, wanting badly for the dream to be reality. 

"You want a family?" A soothing voice asked, uncertainty laced within it.

I sat up and turned to face Axel, who was fast to pull me back down to his arms. 

"Why would you think that?" I asked him, glaring at the ceiling. 

"Oh okay, maybe not the actual child, just the process." He laughed. 

I ignored his taunt, instead I pulled myself out of his arms and lay down, my back facing him. 

He laughed again and pulled me back, "I'm just kidding," He paused, "But really, a family?"

I said nothing, just kept on staring at the ceiling in silence. 

"I saw your dream." He whispered.

"What?" I hissed, "What are you talking about?"

"I saw it." He insisted, "The little girl, you and me. I saw. It's what you want, why?"

I was silent for a moment, "It's been a while since I've had a family." 

"That's not true." he replied confidently, I rolled my eyes at him even though he couldn't see it. "Your pack, they are your family. They all respect you and love you."

"You know what I mean," I said, "It's been a while since I've been able to depend on someone else."

He held me closer to him, "You can depend on me."

"Not yet." 

"Skylar." He sighed, "I understand that right now, you're entirely focused on this... revenge for our pack. But you have to understand that there should be other things in your life that are important too. Why are you so focused on revenge Sky?"

There were a few moments of silence before I answered him, "I want a family." I whispered, "But I won't raise a child when there are people out there that want me dead. That pack set out to kill me and I have no doubt they will go through everyone else to get to me. Whatever it takes, whether that be a child... or you."

"No one is going to touch you or me," he gently kissed my forehead, "The strongest pack in the world would is protecting you Skylar, and maybe that pack is willing to die for you, but that's their choice. They want you alive."

I wasn't sure what to say to that, I didn't want anyone else that I loved to die for me, not anymore.

An entire pack of wolves had already done that, and look how that turned out.

"A while ago I realised that I'm willing to do that too."

"Axel-" I interrupted.

I didn't get far before he began to talk again, "That's why I left my pack. How could I be loyal to my pack when I was willing to risk every single one of their lives all for you. That place isn't my home anymore, my home is wherever you are. I want to join you. Here."

I felt a small tear go down my cheek, "Axel you don't have to do that." But even I could tell there was a slight edge to my voice that could be considered a clear message that I wanted him to stay. 

"I want to." He whispered, before gently kissing her forehead again. 

At the contact, I whipped myself round so that I was facing him, before sitting up and pulling him up with me.

"Are you sure?" I asked in a small voice. 

He was staring at me intently, "I'm sure."

And then my lips were on his. 

My hands went to his hair at the same fast pace that his wound around me and pulled me closer to him.

Things were heating up, and I felt as though I could feel him at every inch of my skin. 

I didn't want to stop.

I knew where this was headed.

Soon there would be no going back, no chance for Axel to be with someone that wasn't me. 

But for once, I didn't care. 

______________

Short chapter, I know sorry :(

I've been quite busy, I had exams and a holiday (no internet) and i've only had a week free since I got back, but I also just got a new puppy haha which is surprisingly time consuming. I am hoping to upload fairly regularly now, with longer chapters, as I am aiming to finish this by the end of september, but we'll see. 

If you liked the chapter please vote/comment!