Chapter five

Millie had left Dean with the task of telling Sam about their little adventure back to 1973. Millie had found a bottle of something strong as she sat on the couch in her motel room. Her mind was racing, a hundred different thoughts at a time, trying to comprehend tonight's happenings. She only now understood how much she missed her parents. Her father was a civilian, with no idea of the dark side of reality. She missed seeing her parents in love and acting like a normal family. However, seeing her mother as a hunter screwed up the innocent picture she had of her mother from when she was a child, but it didn't change her admiration for her mother.

A fluttering sound filled the room, but Millie didn't even bother to look at the angel she knew had entered.

"I am really sorry" Castiel spoke, his deep voice filled the silent room.

"Cas, don't... just don't". Cas walked over to where Millie was sitting on the couch. He sat down next to her, something that surprised the Winchester girl.

"I am truly sorry. I didn't want to give you more grief. I know you have a lot of it". Castiel's words sunk into Millie, and he was right. She felt grief all the time, but she couldn't put her finger on what it was. Maybe it was a mixture of missing her parents, spending ten years in hell and losing ten years of her life, missing her brothers growing up and not being able to be there for them when their father died. Or maybe it was knowing her brothers had both been through hell, and she could do absolutely nothing to ease their pain.

"Castiel?" Millie asked after being lost in her own mind for a while.

"Yes?"

"Why did you bring me back? You could have left me down there".

She had wondered this for some time now. Castiel had told them Dean was needed because God commanded it, but he never mentioned why he brought Millie back to life.

"I've kept my eyes on you for a while, or since you died ten years ago, to be exact" Millie looked confused at the angel as he continued. "You were never supposed to go to Hell. Azazel got to you first. We don't know everything, but we know he wanted you in hell for a reason. I was set on the task to watch you in Hell, to see if we could figure out his plans for you. And when I got the chance to pull your brother out, I took it and brought you along".

"He wanted me in his army. He wanted to turn me into one of them" Millie knew Azazel's plan.

"I see. A good plan. It makes sense" Cas seemed to be in deep though as he processed the information, which the angels had no idea about. "But he didn't accomplish, I see" Castiel looked at Millie, but Millie was not as sure as the angel in front of her.

"I'm not even sure about that, how can you be?"

"I can see it. The true face of any demon is reveled to me, and I don't see a demons face when I look at you".

"Thank you, really. I owe you my life for giving me a chance to meet my brothers again" Millie looked at Cas with great gratitude, she knew enough to know Castiel could get in trouble for bringing her back as well, since it wasn't an order for him to follow. He had stepped out of line from God's will to save her life. "But why? I guess you've seen all the bad I did down there, for all we know, I could be dangerous".

"You're welcome. Well, if you're dangerous or not is a subjective opinion. I don't think you are dangerous to your family, or to me, for that matter, others may think differently".

Millie smiled at the comforting words Castiel spoke. She believed him, to an extent. She knew how she felt inside her. The girl was used to nothing but pain and torture, and now, she was alive, travelling with her brother, hunting. It took some time getting used to, and she tried hard to enjoy being alive again. However, she felt herself getting angry at herself for even thinking about it, she felt her heart ache at the thought of Hell. She had to admit, she missed it. Not that she could tell anyone that, but she did, and she was ashamed of it.