Chapter twenty six

"Hi, you've reached the coolest Winchester, you know what to do" Millie's voice filled Castiel's ear before the beeping sound came.

"Millie... please answer me" Castiel pleaded with the answering machine before hanging up. None of the boys had heard from Millie since Sam and Dean found the note from her in the impala.

Millie had hotwired a car and left in the middle of the night. She wanted, no she needed to be alone, and she needed to figure out what was happening to her. Her mind was trying to figure out a reasonable reason for her to black out in anger after Carson was killed. Carson...it hurt to think about her best friend, dead. So maybe the blackout was due to an overflow of emotion.

Castiel had let the brothers try and look for Millie, while he was trying to find something in the lore about what was happening to her. He had a theory; she was starting the process to turn into a demon, but a human soul needs to torture other souls to complete the process, so all in all, Millie should be safe, if they managed to keep her blackouts under control.

Text from Millie: Are you busy?

Castiel looked at his phone, two days without a word from Millie and now she was texting him.

Castiel: No, are you ok?

Millie: Can you come here? Don't tell my brothers where I am.

Castiel: Of course, I won't tell them.

Millie texted Castiel her whereabouts and not a second later he stood in her motel room. The first thing he noticed was all the blood covering her entire body. He walked over to her, stopping right in front of her.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" Castiel asked with worry evident in his voice.

"No... it's not my blood" Millie found it hard to meet Castiel's eyes as she spoke, so she kept her gaze on her fiddling hands in front of her. Castiel reached his hand out and touched her arm, sensing she was in destress, hoping his touch would calm her down like it had several times before.

"I was driving, and I don't even know how I ended up there, but I stopped in front of a house and that's the last thing I remember before coming to my senses. When I looked around, I was standing inside the house, covered in blood. There were about ten to twelve bodies around me, all dead. I killed them and I don't even remember it..."

Castiel looked at the girl as she spoke, she sounded terrified of what she had done.

"Where they humans?" Castiel had to know.

"No, they were demons... Castiel, I think something is wrong with me".

Castiel brough the girl into a hug, not caring if he got covered in blood as well.

"What if I hurt my brothers, or Bobby... or you" Millie's eyes met Castiel's for the first time since he arrived, and tears were starting to fill up in her eyes as she spoke.

"You're not going to hurt any of us, Millie. We'll figure something out, we always do".

"I don't know if I can live like this, Castiel" she paused to take a deep breath before continuing; "I don't know if I want to live like this".

"Don't say that"

"I took down ten demons without a single scratch, I can't control myself when I have these episodes".

"We'll figure it out" Castiel repeated.

"You don't know that"

"I have to believe it" Castiel didn't know what to do about Millie, but the only option he could think of was that they had to find a solution, because he was not going to give up on her.

"I'm becoming the monster I'm supposed to hunt, Castiel. And I will not let it get too far".

"We will find something to help you"

"Stop saying that"

"I can't"

"Why?"

"Because I'm not letting you die"

"Why? If I become a threat to the people I love, I rather die"

"I can't let you die"

"Why? I'm only an insignificant human life"

"Because..." Castiel choked on his own words.

"Because what?!" Millie was getting frustrated, Castiel's words didn't make sense to her. She had thought about this over and over and the only solutions she could find was taking her out before things got too bad.

"Because I need you, because I love you" Castiel blurted out, his words shocked Millie. She knew they were friends, and she knew she cared deeply for the angel, but she could never have imagined her feelings being reciprocated.

Millie stepped closer to the angel before Castiel closed the distance between them, their lips clashing together. His hands on her hips pulling her closer as she draped her arms around his neck. Their lips started to move in sync. This feeling was better than Castiel could have ever imagined, and it struck him again how he would do anything to keep the girl in her arms alive. 

------------------------------ Authors note ----------------------------------

Finally!!! Castiel and Millie kissed! 

Sorry for the short chapter and the long wait! 

I'm trying to figure out how to continue this story, I have the over-all plot but I have no idea how to write it.. 

And THANK YOU so much for all the love and support! <3 Over 10k reads is crazy so thank you so much!! 

Love Kat <3