Chapter thirty

Castiel sat on the floor as he held Millie's dead body in his lap. Tears was now streaming down his face as he kept apologizing over and over to his dead lover. He had killed her. Castiel had killed Millie Winchester. The lost soul he rescued from Hell was now dead in his lap, because of him.

Sam, Dean and Bobby sat close by, all of them crying at the sight before them. However, none of them felt any anger towards Castiel. They knew it had to be done, they were just as sorry about the whole situation as Castiel was.

Castiel had helped Bobby wrap up Millie's body as Sam and Dean was building a firepit in the backyard. They were giving the eldest Winchester a proper hunters funeral.

Castiel walked outside with Millie's body in his arms and laid her body onto the wooden platform the brothers had built for her. He pressed one last kiss onto her covered forehead before taking a few steps back to stand next to the brothers and Bobby.

Dean lit his lighter and threw it onto the wood and fire soon arose around Millie's body.

"This is the second time we do this, Millie..." Dean stared to speak, but his voice was breaking, he took a sip from his drink as tears was now flowing down his chin.

"I'm glad you came back to us, Millie, I just hoped it would last longer than it did... we'll miss you, but we'll keep fighting, just like you though us" Sam spoke, he was crying next to his brother, but Dean put an arm around him, pulling him in for a hug. They were again, the last Winchesters.

After Sam, Dean and Bobby went inside, Castiel stayed. He stayed by the fire until there was no fire left.

"I don't know what to say... I guess the only think that makes sense is to say thank you. Thank you for showing me what love is and how amazing it feels when you love someone, and they love you back. I wish we got more time together, but maybe, maybe one day, if I can get back to Heaven, I can see you again. Until then, I'll miss you. I will try my best to look out for them, from Sam, Dean and Bobby. Maybe right now, they need to take care of me. Because, honestly, I have no idea how to continue without you. To never hear your voice or your laugh ever again. To never watch over you sleep and hear your sweet morning voice. To never hold you or kiss you again. Right now... yeah right now, I would wish to be human so when I die, you would be waiting for me in Heaven..." Castiel took a deep breath as he looked up at the stars,

"I love you, Millie Winchester".