Grounded

"Let's go Valen. We don't have all day." Steve started jogging in place beside Valen who was hunched over with her hands on her knees.

She tried to speak but she couldn't catch her breath. She put a finger in the air to tell Steve to hold on. He rolled his eyes. "You inspire my inner serial killer."

"Val, you were a serial killer."

"Yeah well you inspire her to come back out."

"We only have a mile left."

"A mile is too long."

"If you don't start running I'll take away your Peter privileges." Valen shrugged at Steve's threat. "And your Wanda privileges."

Valen quickly looked at Steve, still in her hunched over position. "You can't do that."

"Want to test me?"

Valen instantly took off running faster than she had before. Steve still out ran her and waited for her to catch up at the end. She finally caught up and collapsed on the ground. "I'll fallen and I can't get up."

"Isn't that a commercial for older people?"

Valen chuckled and pointed at Steve. "Yeah for people like you."

"You owe me another mile or Wanda will be taken away."

Valen got up on her knees and clasped her hands together. "Steve, Steve, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Don't do this to me. I'm begging here."

"You had worse training with Hydra, I don't understand."

"I've become used to the lifestyle here. Much more relaxed."

Steve put an arm out for Valen to grab onto to get up. They walked back to the compound to eat breakfast. Loki was already eating at the kitchen table with everyone when the two walked in.

Valen quickly made her plate before sitting beside Loki. "He made me run. Then he threatened Wanda against me if I didn't continue."

"The audacity."

"Can I shoot him?"

"Not in front of people."

Valen tsked then stabbed her egg. She looked around after noticing someone was missing. "Where's Sam?"

"Stark made him a new wing suit thing. He's trying it out right now."

"No way. I want to fly."

Loki shrugged his shoulders. "Steal it."

"I can't steal it. Are you mental?" She looked at Loki like he was crazy. "I'll borrow it."

Valen and Loki waited for Sam to join them at the table before running outside. Loki grabbed the jet pack and met Valen on the roof. He helped her put it on and walked her to the edge.

"I can't do this. I don't even know how it works." Valen took a step back away from the edge.

"Don't look at me. There are no instructions with this thing. I can't tell you how to operate it."

Valen took a deep breath. "Slap me."

"Excuse me?"

"Slap me."

"I'm not going to slap yo-." Loki slapped Valen on the face.

"Woo! Okay, let's do this."

Valen ran and jumped off with both feet. She couldn't figure out how to get the wings out so she fell down to the ground. She created an ice slide before pelting into the ground. Stark was in his office on the phone when he heard a scream outside his window. He looked outside, but he didn't see anything by the time Valen had passed.