Goodbye Mystic Falls

When I arrived home from Niks Mansion, I found the power out at my house. There was blood on the floor. "Hello??!" I yelled out. "Elena? Ric?" I called and I heard Matt respond. "Cassie! Upstairs, quick!" 

I rushed upstairs and I found him and Elena kneeling by Alaric's bloodied body. What the hell happened while I was gone? "Oh my gosh, is Ric ok?" I questioned immediately, Elena rushed up and gave me tight hug. "We don't know. We came home and found him stabbed, bleeding to death and with no way of knowing whether it was by a supernatural creature... I, I had to kill him myself." She explained, crying. "Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry you had to go through that! You should have called me!" Elena sniffed. "I didn't want to trouble you" I hugged her tightly. "You would not have troubled me at all." 

Suddenly Ric woke with a gasp and we all rushed down surrounding him. "Ric! Are you ok?" I asked him as Elena held his hand. "Yea-hh" He coughed out. He didn't seem completely well so we took him to the hospital to be safe and Elena filled me in on what I'd missed, apparently, Caroline's dad had died. I felt terrible. 

Since Elena and I had taken different cars to the hospital, we went our separate ways after we were sure that Ric was doing ok. He was going to stay overnight at the hospital just to be safe. Elena said that she wanted to take the long way home, to clear her mind over the past events so I told her I'd meet her at home. 

What a night it had been. I only hoped that we have a couple of quiet days before anything else happened. 

~

The next morning when I awoke, I found Elena downstairs with Damon and Stefan. I narrowed my eyes at the pair hoping they hadn't spilled my secret. "Goodmorning Cassie" Elena said, she sounded normal so I could only assume she didn't know. "Morning El, you doing ok this morning?" I asked heading to the fridge for some breakfast. "I'm better, thanks" Everything seemed fine until - "So you've been sleeping with Klaus?" Damon. "No. I have not been sleeping with Nik- I mean Klaus." 

"Look, Cassie, Stefan and Damon filled me in on everything. I know you're still hanging out with Klaus, you've been lying to me. How could you?" Elena asked sounding upset. 

"How could I? Elena, I understand that Nik has done horrible things to our family but he is my friend and he has promised to leave you out of harm. I've kept my friendship with Nik a secret because I knew that you wouldn't understand, I am older than you and I know how to make decisions for myself and I decide that I will continue to be friends with Nik until he gives me a reason not to be." I told her, sounding rather harsh. Elena looked at me shocked.

"Cassie, hanging out with Klaus is not good for you and it will cost you your life. So, I have decided that you should go and stay with Jeremy in Denver." She said. 

"No!" I told her immediately. "You seem to forget Elena, I am your guardian and older sister. You don't get to send me away as you did to Jeremy!" Having lost my appetite I made to leave but Damon stopped me, holding onto my arm. "You don't have much of a choice here Cassandra." I glared at him. "I've never liked you Damon and this certainly isn't helping your case. Let go of my arm, now." 

Before I knew it, my vervain bracelet was removed from my arm and Damon was beginning to compel me. "Stop." He said. "Tell her that she is going to take a break from mystic falls and spend time with Jeremy. Tell her that while she is away, she will be happy and forget all about her friendship with Klaus." Damon did just that before making me forget about the compulsion. 

~

"I'm really going to miss you Cassie" Elena told me, I smiled warmly at her giving her a hug. "I'll miss you too sis, but don't worry I won't be gone for too long. I just need a break from mystic falls besides I need to spend some more time with Jeremy."  I explained to her, I had decided to go stay with my younger brother in Denver for a bit. I was to leave this morning, I just needed to pack. "What about your best friend?" Elena asked me and I shrugged. "Eh Nik will be fine on his own, I'm sure I'll have forgotten all about him by the time I reach Denver anyway." 

"Help me pack will you?" I asked and Elena smiled happily. "Of course" 

Goodbye Mystic Falls. Hello Denver. 

Elena removed and blocked Niks number from Cassie's phone.

The next chapter will be in Niks POV