Denver

Going to Denver was one of the best decisions I had ever made. I was really happy, making new friends and spending lots of time bonding with Jeremy.

Jeremy had especially become close with this guy named Kol and I have to say so have I. Ever since we met him, we've all been hanging out and its really great, Kol is a really fun guy to be around and he reminds me of someone... though I simply couldn't place who.

Today Jeremy was supposed to meet Kol to play some baseball. I don't know why Jeremy insists on playing, he is terrible at the sport but I'm glad he's found something he's enjoying. I was sitting under the shade of a tree not too far off from the baseball cages as Jeremy, Kol another friend of ours and I were all going to go for lunch afterwards. I had finished up some work and was reading when a shadow cast itself over me. I looked up to see Elena and Damon.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" I asked, shocked to see them. "We need to talk to Jeremy, do you know where he is Cassie?" Elena inquired. "Hi wonderful big sister of mine, how are you? I've missed you so much! Oh yes, I'm a great little sister of mine, I've missed you too!" Elena rolled her eyes "Cassie." I stood up. "Fine, follow me!" I explained. 

"Seriously though, I've missed you, little sis." Elena smiled as we walked towards the batting cages. "Yeah, same here! Nothing has been quite the same since you left."

I lead the pair towards the cage where Jeremy was practising his hitting and failing miserably as usual. "Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball." Damon muttered to Elena, I still wish they hadn't compelled Jeremy away even if he was happy they took his choice away. I would hate it if someone did that to me.  

"Hey Jer" Elena called to him. "Elena?" He questioned, then focused on Damon realising something was up. "What's wrong?" He asked them.

"So, Katherine sired us. Rose sired Katherine and all we need to do is find out who sired Rose" Damon explained to Jeremy. "So you travelled across the country to get Jeremy to talk to a dead vampire?" I asked him, unimpressed. "dead vampire's redundant, but yes" He responded.

"Well I can't, I could talk to Anna and Vicky because I knew them. I've never even met Rose." Jeremy explained, which makes sense. "What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?" I rolled my eyes, I still don't particularly like Damon. "Excuse me, be kind Damon." I reminded him, being as nice as possible. "Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well, she and Damon were close so maybe we can use him as a connection," Elena added before I noticed that Kol had arrived and so did Jeremy.

"Fine, but can we do this later. Cassie and I have plans with our friends. One of them just got here, and yes Damon I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done." Jeremy said to Elena and Damon. "Huh, Jer-" Elena began as I smiled at Kol while Jeremy greeted him.

"Damon that's Kol" Wait how do they know Kol? I was confused but then Kol smashed Damon in the face with a baseball bat. "The hell are you doing?" Jeremy yelled "Jeremy get back he's an original" An original? So he's related to that hybrid Klaus that tried to kill my sister?

 "What?" Jeremy asked confused "No hard feelings mate, but we're not buds. You know I'll never get used to aluminium, but hey at least it won't break." As Kol went to hit Damon again, Damon reacted quickly stabbing Kol in the stomach with a broken wooden baseball bat. Oh my that must have hurt a lot. "Did you kill him?" Jeremy asked, while I refrained from trying to help the vampire who I had thought had been my friend. "No, but it'll give us a head start. Ok come on"

~

Jeremy, Elena, Damon and I went to stay at a motel while Jeremy spoke to the ghost of the vampire named Rose and she gave him an address of where her sire, name Mary lived which where we were now. "This is the address" Jeremy announced as we got out of the car. "looks about right" Damon uttered "wait here," Elena told us, "What why so you guys can make out some more?" Jeremy asked annoyed. Yeah, so Elena and Damon kissed. "don't be a dick, listen to your sister" Damon responded. I rolled my eyes, scoffing. "I'm coming with you El. Jer don't worry I'll watch over them, just wait in the car for us." He nodded, listening to me and went to sit in the car. "Thank you" Damon said awkwardly.

We walked up the house, it was eerily creepy and dark. Something felt wrong. Elena and I turned on our phone flashlights so that we could see as we walked through the house. "We're not going to die tonight right?" I asked, nervously. "Probably not." Damon responded. 

"Who's this Mary person?" Elena asked Damon. "scary Mary, she's really old and super creepy." He explained "and how do you know her?" Elena questioned "you know" He smirked and Elena scoffed. Typical Damon. "of course" Damon shrugged "What? I said creepy, not ugly."

A loud crashing sound echoed through the house, causing me to jump in shock. Creeping towards the sound we opened the door to a room where we found a vampire who had to be mary staked to the wall. Who could have done such a thing?

"Mary" Damon uttered. "Quite contrary" A voice sounded behind us, the lights switching on. It was Kol. It felt odd to see him and be scared after thinking of him as a close friend for a good amount of time.

"Shame about Mary, she used to be a blast. I don't know what quite happened, yeah I feel the time she spent with my family might have ruined her. She was a bit of an original groupie." Kol talked, moving towards the poor soul staked to the wall. "And were you her favourite?" Elena dared to ask. "You mean did I turn her? I think I did. But no wait, maybe it was Rebekah. Oh, and there was also a Klaus period. And let's not forget the Elijah affair - I spoke to my brother, I know you're trying to find out who you descended from and now you never will." Kol went on and on.

"So, where did we leave off." He finally asled, holding a metal baseball bat in his hand before hitting Damon to the ground over and over. "Elena, get out of here" Damon called to her, wanting her to be safe which I thought was sweet but hey I'm here too so a little recognition would be nice. As Elena made to run, Kol sped in front of her. "According to my brother, you're off-limits. Please don't test me." He shoved her backwards into me and we both fell onto the bed behind us. I was glad that Elena was under Klaus's protection, despite what a terrible person he was. 

As we fell back, I landed on a cushion but Elena hit her head on the bedhead. Damon immediately rushed up choking Kol as he angrily spoke. "Don't touch her" Kol being much stronger than Damon, hit him away. "Ah dear, I've hit a nerve." He laughed. "Relax darling, I just want us to be even. You snapped my neck, you killed my brother and then you humiliated me." Kol hit Damon again and again and again with the bat. "There, now we're even."

Damon was on the ground, in pain. Elena sat on the bed beside me holding her head that she'd hit. I made to stand since Kol looked like he was about to leave but he suddenly turned around and in a wave of speed he gripped me by the waist and whisked me away.