Bonnie

"Tick, Tock" I said as I entered the room, where Bonnie was sitting preparing to break the linking spell my mother had cast upon my siblings and I. "I should hear chanting by now" I continued. "I'm still studying the unlinking spell, it's not that easy. Especially under stress." Bonnie explained she was taking far too long for my liking. The sooner the unlinking spell was complete, the sooner my mother could be dealt with and the sooner I could try and bring Cassie back to Mystic Falls.  

"You've been warned, if you're looking for a way to send for help I will kill anyone who comes to your rescue." I reminded the witch. "This is the spell, I just don't know if I'm strong enough," Bonnie responded. "Then you should have a little more faith in yourself, Bonnie. Your energy helped my mother link us, honestly I think someone isn't trying very hard." I told her, eager for her to finish the spell. I could tell she wasn't going to do the spell, so I decided to add some extra motivation. "Very well" I said as I pulled out my phone. 

"Kol, how's the weather up there in the mile-high city" I called my brother. "Oh its lovely, the perfect holiday" Kol responded sarcastically. I ignored the tone. "And how are our friends?" I asked, keeping an eye on Bonnie. "Great, I have to say that Cassandra of yours is a real beauty Nik" He explained. "Kol" I spoke in a warning tone. He laughed "I'm kidding Niklaus, relax" I rolled my eyes. "May I see them?" 

I displayed Bonnie a video chat of her sweet Jeremy. "There's Jeremy playing fetch with his new puppy. Oh and look Cassandra is there too. Don't they just look so happy? What an adorable sight." I spoke in a sarcastic tone, underlying a threat, though of course, I would never allow either of them to come to any harm. "Thank you Kol, we'll be in touch." I glanced at the witch once I hung up."So, Bonnie. How about that spell?" 

We'll get back to Cassie in the next chapter!