"KLAUS IS NOT YOUR BEST FRIEND"

Since Kol basically kidnapped me, my phone had been blowing up with messages from Elena, Jeremy, Damon and the rest of their little group. Once Nik dropped me home, I simply messaged Elena. 

Cassie: I'm home. 

I didn't bother checking my phone again. Words couldn't describe how mad, hurt and disappointed I was at my sister. I was not going to let her get away with this. 

I was sitting on the stairs, a small bag of belongings at my feet. Most of my items were stuck in Denver, so I didn't have much to take with me. There was no way I was staying in this house and I would never again forget to take vervain, I would not allow myself to be compelled for my sister's selfish needs again. 

I soon heard the door open, causing me to look up. There stood my sister, with Jeremy and Damon behind her. "Cassie! Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you're ok! Did Kol hurt you? Did he take you because of me? What did he do to you??" 

I stood up. "I am perfectly fine, all Kol did was help me discover the truth," I explained, staring at her pointedly. Elena looked back at Damon, worry filling her face. "What do you mean the truth?" She asked, walking closer to me. I held up a hand. "Don't play dumb Elena, it isn't a good look on you. You know exactly what you did to me and if you think I will forgive you for it, think again."

"So... you found out?" She asked nervously. Obviously, she's the one that made it so I was compelled to forget about everything until I returned to Mystic Falls. What did she think would happen?! "Yes Elena, care to explain?"

"I had to send you away Cassie! It was for your own good, don't you understand?" She tried to convince me, in a soothing tone. "My own good, you say? Taking my choice away, sending me out of Mystic Falls and making me forget my own best friend was for my own good??!" I asked, bewildered at the fact she could even think such a thing. 

"KLAUS IS NOT YOUR BEST FRIEND CASSANDRA! You are just too stupid to see that he is using you to get to me!" Elena yelled at me, her foot slamming onto the ground. Behind her Damon placed a hand on her shoulder. 

I breathed out, trying to stay calm. "Elena, you are my little sister which means I'm supposed to be the mature one, the one who protects you and is there for you but I can't right now. You have gone too far and I don't know what to do anymore, so I'm going to stay with my best friend (who as you know I met before he knew I was related to you) so get off your high fucking horse because not everything is about you!" There goes the calm. 

My sister just stared at me bewildered, with nothing to say. 

I grabbed my bag and pushed past her out the door, making sure to shove my shoulder into Damon on my way. 

I stopped for a moment, turning to look at my sister once more. "I just want you to know, I will always love you Elena and if you need me don't be afraid to call. I just hope that  you can try to understand that your actions have consequences and that you don't have the right to take away anyone choice no matter how much you think it's the right thing to do."

"Goodbye, for now" With that, I walked away from my family home. 

~

Ugh, I didn't think this through. Now I have to walk all the way to the Mikaelson house. Maybe Nik is nearby? 

"NIKLAUUUUSSEEE?"

Eh, worth a shot.