Damsel in distress

~

So I have already written the first chapter of the second book...

I don't even know what I will call it yet!

 But I hope to finish this book soon, now that we have entered 2022!

~

Cassie: So... I left home and I have no car. It is very dark, come rescue me before something comes out of the dark to steal my soul or something!

Nik: Never fear my damsel in distress

I'm on my way. Don't move.

Cassie: Thanks!

I sat on the curb under the street lights, waiting for Nik to arrive. I was sitting there in thought when a voice echoed from behind me, scaring the life from me. "Cassandra" 

I turned around, a hand to my chest. "Niklaus, I swear! Don't do that!" I crossed my arms as Nik chuckled. "Ah, I'm so sorry love. I didn't mean to, I swear!" I narrowed my eyes. "You're lying! You so meant to scare me"

Nik laughed, holding a hand out to pull me up from the ground. "I admit it, I simply couldn't help it." I shook my head, laughing slightly as well. 

"Uh, Nik. Where is your car?" I questioned realising that he didn't show up with one. "Well as you can see I didn't bring it." Nik responded casually. "How are we supposed to get back to your house then??" I questioned and a grin spread across Niks face. 

I backed up, holding my hands out. "No. No way Niklaus, you are not carrying me there!" I explained. "Hmm, I think I will. It's simply a matter of whether you come willingly or not, either way it doesn't matter." 

"I'd prefer to go back to face my sister" I told him, even though I didn't want to. I was not going to back down, he was not going to speed me to his house. "Stop being stubborn my friend. It will only take a moment, then we can finally catch up on everything you missed." 

I sighed, slowly lifting up and holding my hand out to him as a sign of surrender. "I despise you Nik." I grumbled, he gripped my hand pulling me up against him. "You know you love me" 

And with that he picked me up and sped to his mansion of a house. 

~

Nik and I lay on his bed surrounded by lots of pillows and blankets which I had unsuccessfully attempted to use to form a fort. To which we learnt I was terrible at. We had been talking for what seemed like hours, catching each other up on what we had missed in our lives after Elena had Damon compel me away and I was struggling to stay awake after a long day. 

"Just go to sleep, Cass," Nik told me, as I yawned for the hundredth time. I grabbed my best friends arm "How can I sleep Niklaus? What if I fall asleep and this was all a dream? What if I wake up back in Denver and still don't remember you?" I asked, to tell the truth, I was afraid, now that I had my memory of him back I realised how much I truly missed having him there to talk to. I couldn't forget him again!

"I assure you Cassie, this is very much real and will continue to be so when you wake up tomorrow morning." Nik stroked my hair as he spoke, gently lulling me closer and closer to sleep. "I promise you" 

"I missed you so much Niklaus" I whispered one last time before finally falling asleep.

"I missed you too, my love"