One last hurrah

I awoke after the sun had risen to find myself alone in Nik's bed, tucked under the covers. I have never slept in such a comfortable bed in my entire life!

Regretfully I pulled myself out of the bed before having a quick shower and getting changed for the day. Once I was fully dressed, I made to head downstairs to search for my best friend. 

I neared a room, where I heard voices inside. There I found Nik and Bekah. Rebekah stood at the entrance to the room, while Nik was working on a painting. 

"But tonight's the decade dance!" Rebekah said as I stood behind her, she looked back her eyes flickering up and down at me but not saying a word. "So?" Nik asked, not sparing her a glance as he continued painting. "I'm head of the committee. We have to go." She attempted to persuade him in response. "I'm not going to any dance" Nik said simply in an attempt to end the conversation. 

Rebekah was silent for a moment before she glanced at me. "Cassandra will be there" Cassandra? Aww, what happened to Cassie? 

"Will I?" I asked. Finally, Nik turned around. "Ah good morning, Cassie" I sent him a smile. "Morning Nikki" 

"Please? I have big plans for tonight" Rebekah begged one last attempt to convince her brother. "Just go for me?" I sighed, I wasn't too keen on attending a dance but Rebekah was my friend and if myself going would help her then I would go. "I'll be there Nik" 

Nik looked between the two of us before sighing and caving in. "Okay, fine. One last hurrah." He said. Rebekah smiled. "One last hurrah, Nik." 

Uh, what??

Rebekah walked out of the room and I glanced at Niklaus confused. "One last hurrah??" I questioned. "Are you leaving?" 

Nik placed down his paintbrush, a sigh leaving him. "I have been meaning to talk to you about this. Come, sit with me, Cassie." I did as he requested, nervous for what was to come. "Look, I don't know how to say this gently but yes, I'm leaving Mystic Falls. I want you to join me." 

"Leave Mystic Falls?" I repeated. "And go where?" I looked up at my friend as he smiled, grasping my hand in his. "Anywhere, everywhere. We can go where ever your heart desires, maybe see the northern lights as you've always wished to see! The choices are unlimited!"

"Gosh, Nik. I need to sit down." I explained, shocked and amazed. "Uh, Cass. You are sitting down." I looked down to remember that yes, I was indeed sitting down already. 

"Oh right, then I need to stand," I said, standing up and beginning to pace. "I know this is a lot to ask of you Cassie, but it would mean a lot to have you by my side as I leave Mystic Falls." 

I continued to pace back and forth around the room, this was a lot, too much to think about. "Leave Mystic Falls" I repeated again, still trying to process everything. "Why now?" I questioned. "I became the hybrid, I rid the earth of the last of the white oak stakes there is nothing more for me in Mystic Falls. I wish to be done with it forever." 

"Nothing left..." I mumbled, my pacing increasing. "There is nothing left for you here." I continued, quietly. "Of course, that's why you want to leave. It makes perfect sense." What about me? I wanted to ask, but I stayed silent. I didn't have anything more to say and the room suddenly felt smaller. I had to get out of there. 

As I made to flee the room, Nik was suddenly in front of me his warm hands resting on my cheeks forcing me to look into his eyes. "Cassandra" He spoke gently. "What are you thinking?" He asked. 

"What if I chose to stay?" I inquired, softly. "Would you stay with me?" 

Nik was silent. Slowly I removed his hands from my face. "I can't stay in Mystic Falls Cassie, why else would I ask you to leave with me?" 

I exhaled gently. "I'll see you tonight at the dance, I need time to think." 

I glanced at Nik, as he watched me a small smile on his face. "I'll be waiting." 

I hope you are all enjoying! 

I know I've been slow at updating but I've been busy!

So here's a cookie to make up for it...

 🍪

Am I forgiven? 

I getting close to the end of the story and hope to update more often!! 

♡