8: You Know What?

"That's..." Toga said, her voice trailing off. 

"A lot of zeroes." Jun finished for her. No one denied it. "Fuck why did we ever spend time in Magne's tiny shithole when we had this much money?". 

Shigaraku scoffed. "Teacher did not leave us all this money to blow on a hotel." He said, still annoyed over the whole 'losing his mentor' thing. 

"With all due respect I don't think we could blow that much money even if we tried." Dabi interjected. The rest of the group had to agree. Shigaraki sighed heavily and closed the computer screen enough so that it no longer displayed the bank statement. 

"Now that finances are out of the way we have to make our next move." The leader announced. Everyone's attention was immediately drawn to him. It had been nearly a month since the kidnapping scheme had gone sideways. They were all itching to try again and keep going. Except Tomura of course, who was hesitant to do anything without the approval of his dear teacher. 

"The Shie Hassaikai has requested a few league members to help them secure the transport of an important asset. In return we will gain some more credibility and immunity to any of their future schemes that could affect us." He explained. Everyone nodded along. It made sense. "They only want three and I'll only be there for negations, not working directly with them. I was thinking Toga, Twice, Magne and Jun." 

The boy in question perked up at that. This would be his first real mission that didn't involve everyone. Usually he was just a delivery boy for the league and participated in the larger things. He was starting to think they only kept him around because he was the only person who knew how to work the new coffee machine. 

"When are we meeting them? I'm curious. I don't give a shit." Twice asked. Shigaraki smirked behind the hand.

"In 4 hours.".

 ---------- --------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------

The room was dark but clean. Jun had heard from Kurogiri that Overhaul was a neat freak. Maybe he would be fine with Jun wearing a mask. Most people got more hesitant to tell him anything when they were showing their face and he wasn't. Jun wished he could just start showing his face but Dabi kept convincing him against it. 

"These are you best?" Overhaul, the lanky man in the plague mask apparently, asked. Shigaraki gritted his teeth. 

"They are what you asked for." He replied. Jun scoffed behind his mask and Overhaul noticed. 

"Its not that I don't appreciate you helping us," He began, his tone condescending, "I just don't think that the least-shall I say-mentally stable members should be the ones you lend me.". Jun glared at the villain, wondering how he even knew anything about him. 

"I have eyes and ears everywhere." The yakuza replied, smirking at Jun, "You don't even need to ask the question for me to know. That lovely pink spray paint of yours left quite an impression on me.". Jun gritted his teeth. So he had been stalking them. Great. He also knew Toga and him had been painting around the city, which meant they knew all their regular hang out spots too. 

Creeps. 

So Jun decided to talk back. "So you're willing to stalk two random people but we're mentally unstable. Funny.". Overhaul clicked his tongue, like Jun was a student that had spoken without raising their hand. 

"I have a reliable team, that's all." Overhaul said, "It comes with being a yakuza.".  Now it was Jun's turn to act annoyed. 

He rolled his eyes. "Wow you're such a prick." He said, "Just cause I didn't get a sake shot from an old man doesn't mean I don't have a tight group.".