21: A Conversation

"You wanted to talk to me?" Jun said, flopping into the overstuffed armchair across from Dabi. The burned man nodded and looked over at his friend. 

"I think we should talk about the fact that you completely disregarded my advice and sold yourself for information." His tone was slightly humorous, like he was holding himself back from being mad. Probably because of the fact Jun was going through a lot right now. 

The teen just shrugged and sighed. "I didn't sell myself and I don't want to talk about it." He answered honestly. He didn't. He didn't know why he had to talk about it in the first place. 

"Too bad." Dabi said, a slightly compassionate smile on his face. "I was trying to protect you from this exact situation. You were kidnapped because you got pulled in too deep. I know Shigaraki was the one who ordered you to check the festival out, but you could have done it the day of or used Toga's quirk. That Bakugou kid got you in deep shit, and I'm not going to lie when I say that your relationship could have killed you.".

"It couldn't have killed me." Jun scoffed, looking out the window. "All Nezu did was shock me a bit and let some hero commission officers rough me up a bit. They didn't do too much damage beyond the head wound and my ribs, I wouldn't have died.". 

It was Dabi's turn to scoff. "Do you think they were the end of it? Those three? Don't you think the psychopath would have a whole line up of people with grievances in and out of your cell? You would have bled out or suffered a fatal blow to the head at some point. Interacting with 1-A was reckless.". The villain seemed to get more heated the more he spoke. 

Jun rolled his eyes. "You're so overdramatic. I was prepared to die for being a league member the day I joined. I would have been fine if Compress had killed me in that fight, I know what I got myself into both with you guys and with Katsuki. You're the one who keeps stopping me from getting better at defending myself, so this is kinda on you.". Dabi reeled at that. 

"Are you that fucking dumb?" The older villain nearly shouted. "I keep trying to warn you to stop, to slow down, to take a step back, to stay away from heroes and what do you do?!". Jun flinched at the sudden raised voice but kept silent. 

"I know what happens when you go too far with an informant, Jun," Dabi shouted, rising to his feet and towering over Jun. "And I know what happens when you get kidnapped! I'm trying to fucking protect you! You think you can just jump into the deep end and think that It'll be okay!". 

"Stop just doing what we do!" Dabi continued, his voice booming and full of rage, "Stop watching us kill people and trying to kill people! Stop watching Toga go drinking and doing just that! Stop looking at what I do to myself and doing it!". 

"Why can't I?!" Jun shouted back, jumping to his feet, not about to be intimidated by the older villain. He was sick of Dabi standing over him when there was only an inch between them. "Why do you always want me to stop? Why can't I do what you're doing?!". 

"Because I fucking care about you!" The burned man replied, "Because I know I'm going to end up dead at the hands of some hero and I don't want that for you! You're like a little brother to me and I can't watch you kill yourself, I can't watch anyone else have their life ruined by adults who don't know what they're doing!". 

The grey haired teen stood there in shock and rage. "It was a mistake letting you join the league." Dabi said, his voice horse. It sounded like he was on the edge of crying, although Jun knew full well Dabi's burns prevented him from crying. "I should have taken you to a fucking shelter or something that night, maybe even the police. I could have had someone help you with your case and your bullying". 

Jun's nerves began to fray. "What, you think I'm weak just because I was bullied?! I've beaten heroes twice my age and you think I'm weak because of people that held me down and stabbed my with pens?". Dabi put a hand to his forehead and shook his head. 

"This, this is what I'm talking about, Jun. You need help with that. More help than we can offer you and I should have gotten you that help instead of offering you violence as an outlet." Dabi said, hanging his head in his hands. 

Suddenly, a tentacle of pink snaked out of Jun's back and smacked Dabi across the face before the boy took off running. The villain sighed and sank back into the chair with a groan. He rubbed his face where tears would fall if they could and just sat there. 

Wasn't this what he had wanted? When he had first seen Jun all he had seen was a useful and quirk and some ambition. He looked at a child and saw a weapon, and that's exactly what he got. 

He couldn't watch another little brother lose their innocence to violence and hate, but he already had. God what the fuck was wrong with him? 

------- -------- ------- -------- --------- ------- --------- -------- 

"I'm going to kill All Might." Jun said, his voice slightly muffled by Toga's sweater. 

The two were cuddled together in Jun's room trying to cope with the aftermath of Jun and Dabi's fight. "You've said that about 10 times now baby." Himiko reminded him, smoothing his overgrown bangs out of Jun's face. 

"I just-I want to be the most important villain there is. I want to prove to him it was the right decision." Jun said, his words wet with tears. Himiko smiled and held him close. 

"What you should want right now is to take your mind off things. It hasn't been too long since the U.A attack and you still haven't really thought through it, and you don't have to just yet but you should agonize over the past." The girl explained. Jun nodded into her shoulder. 

"You're right." He relented. There was a beat of silence before Jun spoke again. "Maybe he'd chill if I brought him Endeavor's head on a spike or something. He really seems to hate the guy.". Toga tensed a little at that but soon went back to playing with Jun's hair. 

"You'll learn why he's doing this someday." She said, her voice optimistic yet somehow sad. "Until then rest up. We'll have to kill All Might eventually after all.". Jun laughed a bit at that and felt his eyelids get heavy. 

Dabi's words echoed in his mind. He looked really rough, now that Jun thought about it. It looked like he hadn't been sleeping well or eating properly. Jun's stomach churned at the thought that it might be all his fault. But what could he do? This is who he is. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter, another day full of angst! 

I honestly am so goddamn busy these days like I feel like I never have time to rest lol 😅. I've got too much going on in my life and with the account here plus school and stuff. 

Honestly I was meant to be a piece of algae with weird book ideas, not a human who actually has to do stuff you know? Like I was meant to be unicellular algae. No thoughts, just photosynthesis and adenosine triphosphate. 

BUT NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT STUFF! 

I'm launching a new series and I'm putting the teaser here so you guys can comment and critique! 

Aizawa has been working with the police for weeks in search of a vigilante they're calling Echo. Although they only seem to target villains, they're a powerful force in the underground that needs to be stopped.

But 'Echo' doesn't even know he's a vigilante. As far as 15 year old Hibiki is concerned, he just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. A lot. 

Anyways stay tuned! 😂