17: Where Are You?

Bakugou knew something was up with the group of people leaving U.A. They had enamel pins that identified them as heroes that worked directly with the hero commission and not with an agency and business attire. 

It should have been perfectly normal but something told the teen to keep looking. It told his that something was off. Why were they here? What were they doing to make them look that satisfied? 

Then he saw it. 

Tiny flecks of fluorescent pink dotted their otherwise spotless clothing. Katsuki felt his stomach drop in the worst possible way. There were rivers of the colour on their boots. Why were they wearing boots? 

It just so happened that Mr. Aizawa was walking towards. The teacher looked busy but Bakugou really just needed to say something before the group left the campus. 

"Mr. Aizawa!" He said, his tone shockingly non-aggressive. The teacher looked up and began walking towards his student. 

"What it is, Bakugou?" He asked in his normal overtired voice. Katsuki just pointed at the group as they continued to walk past the student dorms. "Do you know who they are?" Bakugou asked. Mr. Aizawa shook his head. 

"They-" He didn't know if he should really be saying this, but it had been radio silence from Jun for three days. He couldn't let this go. "They have pink stuff all over their clothes.". 

Mr. Aizawa's eyes flashed for a second before he turned to inspect the group. He nodded, puzzle pieces fitting together in his head. "What about the pink?" He asked his student, genuinely curious as to why Bakugou was asking. 

"My-my friend," Bakugou said, trying not to let too much slip, "his quirk is the only thing I've ever encountered that's that colour. He was here during the sports festival and went missing a little after...". 

"What was his name...Seiji?" Aizawa said, his voice much less harsh. Bakugou nodded and it all clicked. Seiji was Mizuno Jun. He wasn't just crazy. And Mizuno Jun was the league of villain's kid. And he and Bakugou were friends, apparently. He'd figure that part out later. 

"He's on U.A property." Aizawa said, "But don't worry about that now. You need to go inform Present Mic of our situation. I'll look for him.". 

------ ------ ------- ------ ------- ------- ------ ------- --------

Not 30 minutes passed before Bakugou felt his phone vibrate. It was a call from Jun's number. For a second he let relief wash over him. Maybe his disappearance had nothing to do with the neon pink paint. 

"Jun where the fuck have you-" "Give him back.". 

Katsuki was confused at the demanding voice that was definitely not Jun. "Who the fuck are you? What do you want with Jun?!" The teen demanded. 

"What do we want?!" The voice asked, nearly hysterical, "What we want is Jun home now. Where the fuck is he? I know you know.". 

"I don't fucking know! I haven't heard from him in days!" Katsuki shouted back. Was he talking to a league member right now? Who was it? 

"Well you're his boy-toy! His last mission was with you and don't think we don't know you've been coming over to the apartment! Where is he?" The voice demanded. Katsuki considered hanging up for a second then took a deep breath. 

Who would be better at finding Jun and keeping him safe, U.A staff or the L.O.V? Shit. Now Katsuki was in a real moral dilemma. 

Which did he care about more, the safe return of his 'friend' or bringing a criminal to justice? Logically speaking he could use this as a trap. He could tell them Jun was at U.A and set up a sting operation. He was sure Nezu would agree to it.