25: When The World Stops Spinning

The moment Jun stepped out of the car, he was hit with the cold December air. His outfit wasn't suited for this. The whole goal was to leave as much exposed skin as possible so as not to hinder his quirk. He wasn't even wearing shoes. 

Before he could even think about touching the gross, slush like snow on the ground with his bare feet, they were enveloped in pink goop. That was something new. 

The league theorized (correctly so) that Jun had undergone a quirk evolution during his kidnapping. Not only did he not need to move to use his quirk, sometimes he didn't even have to think. 

Dabi stepped out of the car and signaled Twice to drive off. The villain was wearing a dark trench coat with more pockets than you could shake a stick at. He needed them all to, to hold all of the tiny bottles of gasoline they had acquired. 

Twice drove of and the two walked in silence to the statue. There was a massive crowd, but no one seemed to be paying attention to them. They were all glued to the massive screens that broadcasted the special message the league had prepared. Currently it was displaying Dabi, washing the black dye out of his hair with a simple glass of water. Gasps rang out throughout the crowd as he announced Endeavor as his father. 

Jun poked Touya playfully (he had permission to call him that now). The villain just chuckled and muttered something like 'lets see how the old bastard copes with that'. They reached the statue and, after making sure there weren't any civilians that would be set ablaze, Touya emptied his pockets. 

Jun used his quirk to raise the bottles above the statue, emptying their contents onto various parts of the number one's visage. It was a stone statue, about 3 stories tall. They could work with it. 

With one quick flash of a smile, Dabi set to work. In no time at all the statue was ablaze, lit up like a birthday candle. Sure, the stone wasn't actually burning, but Touya's flames were not enough to destroy it and Jun couldn't wait to just crack it apart with his quirk. 

The crowd finally realized what was going on and panic broke out. People screamed, they ran and plenty of cellphone videos were taken. Perfect. 

Now all they had to do was wait for the heroes. 

--------- -------- --------- ------- -------- -------- -------- --------- 

The broadcast came on in U.A. It was on the P.A system, it was displayed in video form on their projectors, it was inescapable. 

Class 1-A watched with a morbid curiosity and sinking feeling as Toga recounted what it was like to have parents who pretended her quirk didn't exist. They listened with wide, horrified eyes as Twice recounted his struggling with the 'real him' and how mental health services were at best unreachable and at worst nonexistent. The class felt their stomachs drop with numerous feelings as Dabi revealed his parentage. 

When Jun's story popped up at the very end Bakugou prepared himself. He tried to. The teen was expecting to be told what he already had, about the bullying, about his mother, about how the league saved him. 

That wasn't the story he was told. 

Sure, the bullying was mentioned, but the story Jun was really telling was the story of his kidnapping. Every nitty-gritty detail was included from how he was captured to his horn being ripped out. 

"I'm sure those of you with horns have worried about it happening before." The broadcast Jun said. A small smile played at his lips but Bakugou knew he was about to cry. He hated that he knew, that even in a recording he could read that bastard like a book. "Its part of our skulls, you know? It hurt so much. It felt like the world had finally gotten what it wanted from me. Like after all those years of calling me freak it had been given an opportunity to remove my 'problem'.". 

"So that's it. They've gotten what they want from me and I can't do anything about it." Jun continued. "So it doesn't matter what happens to me now. I'm free.". 

With that, the video ended. 

--------- -------- --------- ------- -------- -------- -------- ---------

 The heroes were drawn to the flaming statue like moths to well, a flame. 3 minor ones had already been taken out, either strangled to passing out by Jun's quirk or just burnt to ashes by Dabi's. 

They were trying to draw out the big guns. 

And oh boy, did Endeavor come and oh boy did he make an entrance. For a man about to fight fire with fire he was remarkably confidence, strolling right up to the statue that Jun was actively tearing apart during breaks between waves of heroes. 

"Stand down." The pro hero bellowed. Jun made eye contact with Touya, both prepared to exact their plan. 

"Did you see the broadcast, dear old dad?" Dabi called out, his tone condescending "Are you here to confirm it in person?". 

"Stop this now. Don't disrespect the memory of my son!" Endeavor shouted back. Dabi sneered. 

"Oh, so I'm your son now?!" He said, almost hysterical, "Was I your son when you hit me too? What about when you beat my mother?!". Blue flames shot out at the pro hero and Endeavor countered with his own. 

"Admit it!" Touya shouted, strengthening the blast on his end. Endeavor matched it with a bit of effort. Jun stared in shock. The heat was unlike anything he had felt before, despite being hidden behind part of the statue that had broken off. It was white hot and all encompassing. 

He wasn't supposed to go anything until after Endeavor fell. Touya got the final blow, Jun would never deny him that, but for being the hero that stands for everything he despises Jun wanted to toy with him a little before he went. He deserved to know how much Shoto hated him at the very least. 

The battle raged on beside him. Jun could hear the shouts, but they came fewer and farther between as the pair focused more on beating the ever loving crap out of each other and less on the witty one liners. 

This might take a while. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else have to write poetry for english class? Cause I've had to write a lot of it and it stressful. Let me tell you, there's only so many vapid and meaningless poetic statements I can regurgitate in a day. 

My friends and I have resorted to writing love poems about each other. You know, like normal people do. 

Anyways, I do want to warn you we're reaching the end of this series. There's gonna be a couple more chapters, so don't panic, but it is coming to a close. 

How do you guys think this ends? 👀