18: Something's Up

Jun made a horrible gurgling sound as Katsuki dropped to his side. 

"Fuck. Jun-baby...fuck." Katsuki said, getting a little panicked. He brushed Jun's bangs out of his face, noticing that the blonde was nearly gone at this point, only hanging onto the tips of the teen's grey hair. The hero student made quick work of using his quirk to break Jun out of the quirk proof cuffs that were cutting into his wrists. 

Aizawa stood still for a moment, trying to absorb the new information. Katsuki knew. Regardless of how much information he knew, Bakugou knew that the boy's name was Jun, not Seiji without Aizawa telling him. The bitterness of his student not trusting him enough snuck in, but Aizawa shook that off. He didn't have the time. 

"Suki?" Jun croaked, his throat dry and scratchy. Bakugou nodded and tried to brush the tears out of the boy's closed eyes. With all the cuts and bruises on his face, it was impossible to tell what was blood and what was tears. 

"Its me." Bakugou confirmed, his voice gruff. The hero student's heart nearly shattered when Jun's split and bloody lips formed a soft smile. He still hadn't opened his eyes, which was worrying, but Katsuki was still basking in the fact that despite all the carnage around him Jun was alive. 

"You're an asshole, Suki." Jun mumbled. It was painful for him to talk, but he wanted. "Why did you make me wait so long?".  

Katsuki laughed in disbelief and pulled Jun closer to him to the point where he was nearly in the hero student's lap. Jun seemed startled by the sudden movement and his eyes finally flew open. Bakugou couldn't help but notice that his eyes were much pinker and less brown. 

The longer he looked into Jun's eyes the more he realized something was wrong. He took in the rest of the boy's appearance and his breath caught in his throat. Katsuki couldn't speak. Couldn't make the words come out of his mouth. Hot tears pricked in his eyes. Fuck since when did he care so much? 

"Jun..." He said, his voice broken. Katsuki ran his hand through Jun's matted down hair. He ran his hand through it. The left horn was gone

Nothing but a pathetic black stump remained. "The girl broke it off." The villain rasped out. 

"Fuck I should have gotten here faster-" Katsuki tried to say, but his breathing just picked up. The angry tears in his eyes seemed to overwhelm his vision completely. 

"Its not your fault." Jun said, his eyes sincere. It was then that Katsuki noticed that some of the goop was coming off the floor. It wrapped around his hand, almost like it was holding it. Jun hadn't moved thought, it didn't really look like he could just yet. 

If he wasn't moving, how was his quirk working? How could he use his quirk at all after over extending himself so much? 

"Bakugou," Aizawa interrupted, eying the suddenly moving pink substance all around them. The pro hero hopped through the broken divider. "we need to get him out of here now. Someone has to call Recovery Girl. We don't even know who did this yet-". 

He took one step closer and Katsuki's eyes narrowed. He glared at his teacher, all but baring his teeth at the man. No way. Katsuki was not about to let his nightmare happen in real life. 

"Don't touch him." The hero student said, his voice firm yet wet with tears. 

--------- -------- --------- ---------- ---------- -------- -------- 

Shigaraki was on edge. He had been for the past few days. 

At first they had assumed Jun was at Mange's old apartment. Sometimes he just needed a break from the league, it was understandable. But after a full 24 hours of no calls, texts or even just random sightings of the kid in the neighborhood, they started to get worried. 

Dabi had been irate for the past two days, constantly on edge and snapping at everyone. Shigaraki knew that the villain had really taken Jun under his wing. Dabi was far from the only person looking out for Jun, but he had been doing it the longest. 

Then someone had turned up, holding Jun's phone saying he found it in the hands of one of the league's informants and knew who it belonged to. Shigaraki cursed Jun for putting a dumb picture of Toga as his background instead of something normal. They could have been caught. 

So when the only number in the phone besides theirs picked up it was like a miracle. 

And now they were on their way to get their member back, 'like a good family would' Toga had said, her face smiling but her tone serious. The leader was hesitant to call them a family, but he wasn't going to argue about that now. 

"I'm gonna burn them all to the ground!" Dabi declared, reaching for the car door handle beside him. "After all they fucking put me through, after all I suffer at the hands of heroes he shouldn't have to do the same!". 

"Stay in the car." Kurogiri said, his voice firm. "We wont be leaving this vehicle until we get to the gates of U.A.". 

"Then what?" Spinner asked, sounding just as annoyed as the others. 

"Then we burn it to the ground until Jun is the only living thing left in that monument to elitism."

--------- -------- --------- ---------- ---------- -------- -------- 

"Bakugou, we have to take him outside." Present Mic interjected. Katsuki just tightened his grip on Jun's limp body, a clear warning. 

"You're not taking him." The boy repeated. Aizawa sighed. "We're not going to hurt him, we need to take him somewhere where they can heal him. He'll bleed out if this goes on any longer." He tried to explain. 

Then he noticed the pink goop that was creeping up Bakugou's limbs. "Jun," Aizawa really didn't know how to address him at this point but he went for it, "You have to stop using your quirk. You'll hurt yourself or Bakugou.". 

"I can't." Jun cried. If he had any tears left to cry he would be crying, but there was no moisture left in him. "I'm not controlling it.". 

"You have to be, no one else can. Just breath and focus on it." Aizawa said, growing more nervous by the second. The substance was starting to build a boarder between the teenagers and the teachers. Jun shook his head. 

"I need to move to use it-I'm not moving. I don't know what's happening." He said, his voice hoarse and panicked. 

Bakugou was starting to get worried too. Then he realized that whatever subconscious part of Jun was controlling the quirk had the same idea Katsuki did. 

It was trying to protect him. Protect them both. 

Just then the emergency alarms started blaring. There was a villain attack. The three teachers cursed under the breath, knowing all to well why this was happening. 

The league had arrived and they were angry. 

Suddenly the barrier of neon pink started pushing the teachers back, eventually pinning them against the walls with intricate liquid like restraints. Jun's eyes went wide and he looked around the room growing more panicked by the second. 

He coughed up a bit of blood and turned back to Katsuki, who's trembling arms were holding him close. 

"What's happening to me?" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wake up and smell the mayhem people! 

Nothing like a hearty breakfast of trauma to start the day off right! 

I know I'm posting this at night but it was morning when I wrote this so just let it happen. 

The next chapter is probably going to be the last 'active' chapter in this arc. There might be a resolution chapter, but its only gonna be one more active kidnapping chapter. 

We're gonna see a lot of changes and a lot more murder from this point on folk so strap in tight and keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times! 

(Also yes the league did drive instead of teleporting to the spot so they could be less obvious and sneak up on them. No it did not work and they were spotted immediately.)