12: The Long Con

"Good to see you back." Kurogiri said, his tone relieved. Jun nodded and smiled sheepishly. 

After meeting with the hero students and being away from the league for a week he had sorted his feelings out. Death was part of this world and he had to accept that. Hell, he might have to kill someone at some point. 

"Oh look, the prima donna's back." Twice announced. Shigaraki spun around in his chair to look Jun up and down, his eyes resting on the boy's face. 

"I suppose you figured out where you belong?" He asked, a smirk on his face. Jun just nodded. "You know I'd never abandon you guys to fend for yourselves." He joked. Their leader rolled his eyes but the tension in his posture relaxed. 

Tomura had been worried he'd gone too far. Jun was a valuable asset, especially because the public didn't know him yet. There was something beyond that though. Like the league had been missing a little pink light in their lives. But he would never say that out loud. 

"What's our next plan, boss?" Jun asked, plopping down in Toga's lap. The girl wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him closer. Jun rested his head on the chair's armrest. 

"The U.A cultural festival is in a few days." He explained, "You'll get yourself invited, taken somewhere important to blow things up. Get them while they're down, you know? This will require you to sneak someone else in with you and may involve your identity being revealed, but at this point I don't think you care.". 

Jun thought back to Midoriya. What would he think if he knew who Jun really was? Would that change everything about what the hero thought he was or would be even be bothered? The teen wanted to find out. Plus, he had missed his own school's cultural festival. He wanted to see a high school festival just once. 

"So who am I sneaking in with me?" He asked, very interested in participating in the plan. Shigaraki shrugged. "Our plan is to highjack some screens on sight, so we'll need the bulk of us here doing that, but I haven't quite figured out who you'll be hanging around with.". 

"Toga or Dabi please! Actually Toga's quirk is perfect!" Jun said excitedly, "Let us teenagers have our fun.". Shigaraki just rolled his eyes, ruffling Jun's grey hair as he walked out of the room. 

Jun turned to Toga with an excited look in his eyes. "Himiko, we're going shopping for a new persona!". 

This was gonna be fun. 

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- 

"This one or the pink one?" Jun asked, spinning in the mirror. Himiko snorted. "What?" Jun asked, his quirk activating and hovering just inches from Toga's face. "Is fashion funny to you?". 

The girl just kept giggling her cute, psychotic giggle as usual. "I'm sorry its just-" She took a few shallow breaths, "Its so cute!". 

Jun rolled his eyes as one of his best friends dissolved back into a giggly mess. He wanted the U.A students to trust him. It was obvious that, although he wanted to do it, the broadcast plan wouldn't work unless they had access to said screens. 

Naturally this was all Jun's problem. 

Currently though, he wasn't worried about tech, he was worried about looking the part. Fitting in amongst goodie two shoes U.A students. It wouldn't be a problem for Himiko, that was literally her quirk's job, but he would struggle a bit more. 

To be honest though, he would be relying on Katsuki to get him in. 

Still, he had to look different from his usual black wearing self. Hence the oversized pastel sweater Toga was currently laughing at. "Hey! I happen to think the green looks good on me!" Jun said, also smiling. 

"Go with the pink. It matches your quirk!" Toga instructed. Jun nodded and went back into the change room. While staring at the smaller mirror one detail caught his attention. 

Those damn horns. 

So many parts of his life would be made better without them. Staring blankly at his reflection he gave his right horn an experimental tug. He couldn't even feel it on his scalp. That was the fun part about having extra bones outside your body. Lucky him. 

But Eraserhead taught at U.A and he had seen Jun's horns clearly. Even if he didn't see his face he still might make the connection. Who was Jun kidding, the hero didn't seem dumb enough to not realize it. Maybe he could get someone to make them invisible or just get rid of them? Maybe that girl Toga kidnapped at the provisional licensing was up to being drugged again. 

Yeah right. 

He exited the changeroom in soft grey slacks and an oversize pink sweater that hung off his surprisingly delicate collar bones. Toga squealed with excitement and snapped dozens of pictures for Dabi, who was 'too busy doing his own dumb shit' to join them. 

"Do you think this'll work?" He asked, wanting an honest opinion. Toga looked him up and down seriously and got up from her seat. She walked to the other side of the small store and grabbed a pair of large but delicate looking circular glasses. Himiko placed them carefully on the end of Jun's nose and gave him a satisfied smile. 

He pulled out his own phone to check and wow. He looked like a whole different person. Was this the Clark Kent Effect?  

Smirking Jun opened the camera act. He snapped a quick picture of himself with the most innocent and naïve expression he could muster and sent it to Bakugou. 

'Think you could show me off to your friends if I dressed like this?'

'What the fuck are you wearing'

'Ouch. I thought I looked adorable' 

He didn't respond after that and Jun just shrugged. He couldn't even drag a teasing battle out of Katsuki, so he must be tired. Jun hoped the hero student was eating and sleeping properly. Not because he liked him. Absolutely not because of that. 

Because a tired Katsuki was a boring Katsuki. 

At least that's what he told himself. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back with the post halloween update! I hope you guys all have fun and ate tons of candy! There are only a few days a year where consuming all the sugar available to you is a allowed and yesterday was one of them so I hope you all milked it for all it was worth. 

Hyped for the next arc tho! I wrote this as the same time I wrote a chemistry essay, so that probably got written like a fanfic 😅

Stay Tuned!