16: Look At You

Turns out, Jun's quirk did indeed protect him from electrical shocks. So that was a good thing. 

The catch there is that he can't keep producing more from his quirk if he stops sweating, at least he couldn't right now since he didn't have any cuts. So the more tired he got the harder it was to insulate his body against the periodic shocks. 

"That was test 58. I wonder how much longer your quirk can hold up, hm?" Nezu said with an almost innocent smile on his face. 

"You psychopathic motherfucker!" Jun spat, "This is torture!". 

"I'm well aware of that." The principal said, chuckling over the intercom. "Don't you think I'm aware of the current international and national laws in place preventing me from doing this?". A shiver ran up Jun's spine. He'd met some fucked up people. He was literally best friends with mass murders who burn their victims to a crisp or drain them of every drop of blood. But this...this was something else entirely. 

Rallying all his remaining strength, he formed a tentacle out of his quirk and sharped it to a point with a few flicks of his fingers. He launched it at the center of the glass, hoping it would be weak enough to shatter. Not even a cracking noise. 

"Test 59." Nezu announced, sounding bored again. It seems that if Jun shouted at him, the principal would respond with interest but if he used his quirk he got bored or annoyed. Of course this made Jun use his quirk even more. He didn't want the weird animal to get any more pleasure from this than he already was. 

The electric shock was far from a surprise at this point, but Jun was left gasping for breath. He hadn't even felt the last one but the more dehydrated he got the more he felt the vibrations of the shock. Now his fingers felt tingly and numb. Without movement from his body the goop around the room dropped to the ground, reverting back to a liquid state. 

"You don't have to be so dramatic." Nezu said simply, "There's only one more shock, then we'll move on to stage 2.". 

"What the fuck is stage 2?" Jun asked, exhausted. How many hours had it been? God could those fluorescent lights just give him a break? He was pretty sure he could hear them humming and it was driving him insane. 

"Stage 2 is where I introduce you to some important people." Nezu answered cryptically. Then for the first time since this started, he left the booth. 'Maybe he wants to go home and sleep?' Jun thought hysterically. 

------- -------- -------- -------- -------- ------- ------- 

"Ah! I'm so exhausted! Nezu has us doing wayyyy too much overtime these days." Midnight complained, flopping into her office chair. 

"What was it this time?" Aizawa asked. He too had been asked to do weird things for the principal. He usually just refused to do it and left it at that, it wasn't like he needed the overtime pay. 

"You're not going to believe this, but we've caught a league member." She said, her tone much more hushed. "Some kid with horns. I really thought he was going to kill me in the middle though. He's got one hell of a creepy quirk. It felt like tentacles were squeezing the air out of my body.". Midnight shivered at just the memory. 

Aizawa on the other hand had short circuited. They had caught the kid he was looking for? The kid he asked about when around his underground informants? That kid? 

"Do you know where he is now?" Maybe his tone was a tad too demanding, this was urgent. He needed to know where he was. He had too many questions. 

"I don't know." She admitted, "He's somewhere in U.A, I know that. Nezu didn't want me sticking around after we caught him.". 

"Shouldn't he have taken him to the police? What did he want with the kid anyways? There were no organized attacks on the league from the commission that even reached the meeting stage." Aizawa thought aloud. Midnight seemed to tense at that.