Chapter 38

By the time our meeting was over, so was the bonfire. And I am exhausted. I haven't been able to focus on my pregnancy since I found out, and I had no idea it would be this hard before I even have my baby. I look at my growing bump and lovingly stroke my hand up and down my belly. I am just tired. It's hard to stay positive when life just never stops. All my life I've wanted to be normal, to be happy with my family and grow up happy with my mate. And I am so close. But it feels so far away in this moment. I know I have my mate, I know I have my mother back, and I know we will defeat the monster of my nightmares. And yet, I'm exhausted. I just want it to be over with already.

I didn't know I was crying until I feel gentle hands wiping my tears away. The euphoric sparks I feel from the hands on my face immediately make me feel safe and loved. A sob escapes my mouth as I fall gently forward into Liams chest. His arms wrap around me and he leans his head on mine.

I grip on to Liam so hard, I wouldn't be surprised if I was hurting him. But not a sound of complaint comes from my wonderful mate. He simply holds me and lets me loose my mind for a good 20 minutes.

After I've calmed down a little Liam moves his hands to the back of my thighs, bends down, and picks me up. I wrap my legs around his waist as he leads us over to the bed. I don't know how he managed to do it, but he lays us down and gets us comfortable under the blankets while I cling to him. My face is tucked tight into his neck, and I finally relax.

"I just so tired." I say to him. He knows without explanation that I don't mean that I'm sleepy.

"I know, babygirl. But I'm here now, the fight is almost over," he says, putting a finger under my chin to guide my head to look into his eyes. "And I will never let anything bad happen to you again." He leans down and gives me a gentle kiss.

For the next hour or two, he just talks to me. He tells me about his life, his family, and he tells me of dreams he's had of our future together. A crazy amount of children, and just pure happiness. I lay against his chest, and he holds me tight. It's amazing how one person can affect you so much. I never knew I could love a person the way I love Liam. Eventually I fall asleep to the sound of his voice, dreaming of our future.