Chapter 4

^^This is Liam (Alpha Moore)

The next morning me, Lydia, and two of my best warriors head over to the Midnight pack. It wasn't a long trip because they were the neighboring pack to our territory. We all shift into our wolves and take our clothes in our teeth. I lead the group in an hour long run, refraining from using my Alpha speed for the sake of my pack. Not that they're slow by any means, all werewolves are ridiculously fast, but Alphas have speed that no normal wolf could keep up with.

We get there, change, and head to the door of the huge mansion-style pack house.

"Welcome, Alpha Raven," says a girl about my age as she opens the door to let us in.

I nod as a reply and follow her into the meeting room. She knocks on the door to announce our arrival,

"Alpha, the Hollows pack is here for your meeting."

"Thank you Ana, and I told you to call me Liam remember?" Ana blushes, nods and makes her leave. So he's not a strict Alpha.

I look in the office type room and see Alpha Liam Moore waiting for us. As he introduces himself to the rest of my pack I stand in the back for a minute to observe. This man is huge. He's over 6 feet tall, full of muscle, and has the dark brooding look that just demands power. He is the exact image of an alpha.

I suddenly feel the need to prove my title as Alpha, feeling weak in comparison to him. My pack members feel my change in mood quickly, and all move to the side clearing the way for me, stopping all conversation. I stand tall with my chin up, not showing any emotion, as usual for me. As I show my power I know that I am not weak and never have been.

But just as they clear the way for me I look into the eyes of Alpha Liam for the first time. He does the same. It's suddenly like all the air has left my body as I whisper the same word that he does,

"Mate."

Two hours later

It's been two hours of our packs talking about rogues and alliances, all the while I'm trying to ignore the pull of the mate bond in the back of my mind.

After our dramatic introduction I quickly shut down all talks of mates. Business only. I can't allow for people to see any sort of emotion from me. Besides Lydia of course. She keeps looking over at me knowingly. She know exactly why I refused to talk about mates and keeps trying to use our mind like to talk to me about it.

Lucky for me I'm an Alpha and it's nearly impossible to break into an Alphas mind when they have up their barriers.

"Okay" I say, "this sounds like a great plan. If I have any severe rogue problems I can call on you for help and the same goes for you. You and your pack are welcome to visit any time."

"Sounds good," he says and the gets a deeper look in his eyes, "but now there's another matter that I need to talk to you about."

I sigh and nod. I can't avoid it forever I guess.

"Leave us." I say to everyone else in the room and they quickly scurry out. I follow them to the door and shut it completely.

I'm standing with my back to my mate, still afraid to confront the pull I have towards him. I feel two arms wrap around my waist and his head go to my neck. My wolf is jumping for joy at the closeness, and honestly I am too. It feels like I'm completed with him standing next to me.

But then I remember who and what I am. Broken. Once he finds out about my past there's no way that he'll want me as his mate. I pull out of his arms and go to the other side of the room. I can't trust my own brain when I'm that close to him.

"I can't do this" I say, refusing to look at him.

"What? Yes you can. Your mine! My mate! Is there another guy?! I swear I'll kill hi—"

"No! I am nobody's! I'm not a possession to own. And there's nobody else and there never has been!" at that he smirks and gets a proud look in his eyes. His wolf likes that no other man has touched me. I ignore it and continue on,

"You deserve someone better. A good girl who can be your Luna. I'm not it. I'm not the happy, loving person that you'll expect me to be to your pack like the typical Luna."

For the first time since I met him I begin to show emotion, "you deserve someone so much better than me"

"Fuck that!" He yells and comes over to where I'm standing, "I don't want a weak bitch as my Luna. I want you! Your strong and beautiful and clearly have been through some shit in life, but I don't care. I don't care what you are, I just want you"

At that I break down in tears. I've only just met this man a couple of hours ago but it's like I've known him my whole life. The bond is pushing me to accept him, as is my wolf Silvia.

We don't have to be alone anymore, she says to me. We've found our mate, don't push him away.

Making my decision I basically throw myself at him. Wrapping my arms around his neck I go on my tippy toes to snuggle my face into his neck. His arms go around me, making me feel the safest that I ever have.

I breath in deeply and take in his sent. Mate, me and my wolf say.

———————————————————————

Authors note

I decided I want to add in some authors notes so maybe I won't feel so awkward.
Do you guys like Liam? I do! I'm gunna try to make him sweet at some point, but I'm SO not writing sex scenes, (love to read them, wayy to awkward to write them) Hope you like the story so far, let me know what you think with comments!