Chapter 1

A loud bang on the bars of my cage wakes me from the little sleep I got. I look up and see one of my captors grinning at my with the same old look in his eyes. Why won't they just kill me already?

Six years earlier

At the age of twelve I don't really have much to worry about. I am perfectly content to just sit and read in the my favorite clearing of the woods behind my cabin house. I pick a pretty blue flower from the ground and put it behind my ear.

Just then I here a scream coming from the house. I haven't shifted yet, I'm only twelve and female werewolves don't typically shift until they're 18, so as I run back to the house it takes a good ten minutes.

I sprint through the door and see blood everywhere. My brother is on the ground of the living room, claw marks in his stomach and a slash in his throat, unmoving, dead.

"Matthew!!" I cry. I run to his body and put my hands on his face, not caring that I'm now covered in blood. "Wake up! Please, please! This can't be happening...DAD!"

I notice my dad on the other side of the couch, his neck twisted in such a way that it no longer looked connected to his body.

"Daddy, please wake up" I cry and cry until I hear a whimper coming from the kitchen.

"Mom? Mommy?!" She's laying in the floor holding her stomach. Claw marks and blood cover her body.

"Ember, my baby." She says, "run. You need to get out of here before they see you!"

" I'm not leaving you mom! You can make it through this! I love you mommy"

"I love you too sweetie, but you have to run! Now! Go!"

I stand and take another look at her with tears streaming down my face, then I do as she says and I run. I run out the back of the house and into the woods. I'm too slow though because I haven't shifted yet.  My eyes are full of tears and I'm stumbling around all crazy like.

Suddenly a sharp pain goes through my head and I fall to the ground. I look up and see a man above me.

"We're going to have some fun with this one." I hear him say before everything goes black.

Present day

That was six years ago. They've been 'having fun' as the man said for six years. Fun for these sick bastards includes whips, knives, and hearing me scream as much as possible. Like I said, they're some sick bastards.

Today is different, though. It took me a couple day to realize what was happening, why I was feeling so strange, until I realized that I've been here for about six years. I can tell by the tally marks I've scratched into the wall of my cell. I must be at least 18 now.

I'm shifting. And once I do these bastards are going to get what's coming to them.

Fuck yeah! They'll never know what hit them!says my wolf Silvia. The past few days I've been able to hear her more and more, and she completely agrees with me.

I won't be the victim anymore.

The man grinning at me is too dumb to realize the change that's happening inside me at the moment.

Suddenly I feel it. My bones breaking one by one, forming into my wolf. I scream as loud as I ever have and look right into my captors eyes. For the first time since I got here I smile. I see the fear creeping into his face and then he runs from the room. Probably to go inform the others of what's happening.

More bones break and I scream and scream until it all stops. I realize that it's over. I become aware that I'm on four legs and feels my stronger than I ever have before. I let out a growl and claw at the bars of my cage. They easily break, allowing for the first step of my freedom.

I've waited way too long for this

————————————————————————

Authors note

I hope you liked the first chapter! Comment and vote!