Chapter 11

Embers POV

I can't stop thinking about this date. All last night I could barely sleep because of it. So I've decided to do my typical thing and block it out until I absolutely need to think about it.

Right now me and Lydia are baking random crap in the kitchen because we were bored. I'm about to mix in a bunch of flour into a bowl when I see something.

"WTF. What is that?!" I yell at Lydia, my supposed best friend.

"What?" She asks. As if she doesn't even know!

"That mark on your neck bitch! Why didn't you tell me that you and Jason completed the mating process?!"

"Well with everything going on I didn't think it was important and-" I interrupt her.

"Shut up. Right now. I'm sorry I know I haven't been the best friend, or mate to Liam if I'm honest, but I want to know these things! Your my best friend and thats HUGE for you."

"That's not the only thing that's huge—"

"AHHH Omg too far! Some things I don't want to know!" I smack my hand over her mouth, not realizing my mistake until it already happened. I happened to be scooping up some spilled flour right before she said that and by covering her mouth, I covered her face in flour.

Oh shit

After coughing up a surprising amount of flour,  she turns to glare playfully at me. I try to run away but she grabs the back of my shirt to pull me back and pours the cup of -carefully measured- vegetable oil over my head.

"HA bitch I got you back!"

...so I grab an egg and smash it on her chest. What? I'm an Alpha I need to have the last word..or egg? Needless to say this turned into a war that destroyed everything in sight.

"What is going on here?!" I hear my the powerful voice of my mate yell. Him and Jason stand in the doorway looking at all the mess. I'm standing frozen with the bag of flour in my hand about to be poured over Lydia's head and her frozen with a bowl of sugar aimed to go down my tank top.

Truce and get our mates? I ask via mind link to Lydia. She smirks and nods.

3...2...1...

GO

I jump on Liam and poured the flour down his back under his shirt and Lydia does the same to Jason. Then we jump down and run away, laughing so hard tears are running down our faces.

Once we get to my room Lydia says, "I mind linked Jason and told him that they need to clean it up cuz we have to get you ready for your date. Plus he owes me for a prank he pulled the other day"

Two hours and three laughing fits later, I'm ready to go on my date with Liam. (Pic at the top) he gave me absolutely no clue as to what we're doing so I opted for cute but casual.

I meet him at the bottom of the stairs, where he's waiting managing to look hot in a plain white shirt, soft denim jacket, and dark jeans.

(Not him, just the outfit)

"You look beautiful, love" he says and like always I feel a flutter in my stomach when he calls me love.

I blush, "thank you"

He leads me outside to the car and we start driving. "So will you tell me where we're going yet?"

He just smirks, "nope, your just going to have to be patient."

"You suck." I pout. But secretly I smile. He laughs,

"Me?! Your the one that made me clean up after your food fight. Which I will be getting you back for by the way."

"Mmhhmmm we'll see about that" he just chuckles, moves his hand to my thigh and squeezes it. He keeps it there for the rest of the ride, and my wolf smiles at the contact even if it is minimal.

45 minuets later I realize where we are as I see a lakeshore up ahead. The edge of our territory on the east side goes right up to a mountain with a lake in its valley. Mini waterfalls come off the wall of the mountain on one side, and I see a clearing next to one but far enough away to not get wet. In the clearing is a blanket with a picnic set up on it.

"I was talking to Jason about ideas of what to do and some pack members overheard. They basically forced me to let them take care of it all and set it up, they're just as excited to have a Luna as I am. Well...almost"

He pulls me over to the blanket and we sit down. I go to sit next to him but he pulls me into his lap, sideways so that we can still see each other.

I look at the food and see all my favorites, pizza, fruit, and cheesecake. I smile and give him a kiss on the cheek,

"You remembered" I say, remembering one of our late night in-depth conversations about desserts. He tried to say that pistachio ice cream is better than cheesecake, making me go into a rant. Nobody insults my cheesecake like that!

"Of course I did! You about took my head off during that conversation" he laughs.

I grab a piece of pizza and take a bite. Have you ever had that moment where the food is so good you want to cry? Well that's what this was, as I take another bite and literally moan in happiness at the food.

"Love, if you don't want my wolf to take over and take you right here, I suggest you keep the moaning to a minimum." Liam says while looking in pain. I just giggle and take another bite.

I giggled. Like I'm a schoolgirl with her first crush. Ugh. What is this boy doing to me?

The rest of the date was great, full of jokes and laughter. I found out that my mate is very competitive when we were competing to see who could catch the most grapes in their mouth. He won, but I think he cheated.

Right now we're looking at the stars, which look beautiful around the lake.

Mate makes us happy, Silvia says. We haven't been happy in a long time. Let yourself feel this Ember.

I realize that she's right.

Finally you recognize my amazingness

Oh shut it. I say and then block her out. Suddenly I got from my position of sitting next to Liam, to moving onto his lap basically straddling him.

"Thank you" I say. "My wolf just made me realize that I haven't been happy in a long time, but since you came in my life my smiles aren't fake, and a lot more frequent."

"Don't thank me, love. You're my whole world, I want nothing more than for you to be happy. You're my mate, my other half."

I smile, wrap my arms around his neck and place my forehead against his,

The next thing I know his lips are against mine, in a firm kiss that I didn't know that I needed. We move in sync as we try to get even closer to each other than before. I would never get sick of this feeling. I never want to let go.

In this moment I'm incredibly thankful that the rogues never saw me in any sort of sexual way. Meaning that this first kiss with my mate, my first kiss ever, is all that more special.

He pulls away, but still stays incredibly close to me, our noses touching. And this is how we stay for who knows how long. Cuddling and kissing, just feeling content to be with each other.