Chapter 16

We go downstairs to join the pack for breakfast as usual, but when I step off of the last stair, I can sense something coming,

"AHHHHH" Lydia screams a battle cry as she tackles me to the ground. "You did it! Finally, bitch!!" shes gone just as quickly, Jason lifting her off of me before Liam freaks out. I'm too busy laughing my ass off on the floor to pay attention to Liam's growling. 

When I finally stand up I smack Liams chest. "Shut up you possessive wolf. She's my best friend she wont hurt me."

He sticks his tongue out at me...like a child. So I do the mature thing and stick mine out back at him. 

Lydia skips up to me and links her arm in me, "Come on, Babes, lets leave these idiots and go get food" 

"Agreed" I say and we skip into the huge dinning room. Once in there me and Liam sit at the head of the table with Jason and Lydia to the right. Alphas and their Betas.

As the pack members sit down to join us I notice how happy everyone looks. Before Liam my pack was happy, but I never interacted with them much, they never saw me be cheerful like I am now. I was too focused on trying to tract down the rogues that killed my family and when I was around I always tried to keep my emotions hidden. I don't feel the need to hide them as much now. \

The pack quiets down, waiting for the Alphas. Me and Liam stand as Liam addresses them,

"Goodmorning, pack. Lets eat" And we do. The next 30 minutes is just us all talking, laughing, and having a good time as a family. That is, until a certain hoe and her Barbies (whos names I can never remember) walk in to join us. 

And this bitch...this bitch had the nerve  to come up behind my mate and run her hands across his shoulders and lean down to whisper in his ear. I wont even repeat what she said, I could hear with my wolf hearing, as it was truely repulsive. Like really? Can she not see the mark on his neck? Or smell the change in our scents? Disgusting. 

If you dont stop this real quick, babe, I will and it will not be pretty. I warn him using our mate link, a cool perk of being fully mated. 

Luckily I didn't even need to warn him because before I could even finish my sentence he was jumping up and turning to her. 

"Get your hand off of me, Mutt. Who do you think you are, to touch your Alpha?" Typically me and Liam are non strict leaders, but this dumb little wolf just can't seem to grasp the concept of boundaries. 

By this point the entire pack has fallen silent, watching the exchange. I stand up and lean on the table, waiting camly for my chance. I don't have to wait long.

"But, baby? Dont you want me? If it wasnt for that Slut you would!" she yells, again grabbing my mate. 

I tried, Liam says, Your turn.

Finally! I reply.

What do you mean finally, it was less than 2 minutes! He says

For you. I've waited for another reason to hurt this bitch since she first laid hands on you. I tell him. Then I walk up to Ashley who has her back to me. Mistake number two. The first one was touching my mate. I grab the back of her neck and literally throw her to the ground, ten feet from my mate.  

Can I kill her? asks Silvia. Pleasseeeee!

No. I respond. Even though werewolf laws say we have the right to, since she knowingly came on to a mated wolf, We have to be a good example for our pack members. 

That being said, as Ashley tries to stand up I walk over to her and slap her hard enough to throw her back to the ground. I growl and push out my Alpha power. Enough power so that every wolf in the room besides Liam bows their heads in submission. 

"I should kill you," I say. Her eyes widen as she realizes just how much she's fucked up. It may not seem like it, but it's a big deal. Our mates were given to us by the Moon Goddess, and that relationship is sacred amongst wolves. You don't fuck with someone elses mate. 

"Please! Luna-- Alpha, please I wont, ever again I promise." she begs.

"I wasn't finished." I say, creepily calm. You can practically feel every wolf in the room holding their breath, wondering what I'm going to do. "I should kill you, but I won't."

She sighs in releif, but it doesnt last long, "However, I will make an example out of you. Again. But this is the last time. You were already given a second chance, and my kindness has run out" My pack needs to know that I'm compassionate, but wont be pushed over.

I turn an address the pack, "Take the children out of the room."